09 FTP wtf

little different, i say

15 hundo

I like it. Not that I have a need for a $1500 track-specific bike.

The amount of drop in the stock photo is a bit silly though.

uncut mast?

I dont see what the big deal is…looks fine to me.

top tube looks like a trek t1.

Yeah. I can tell by the pixels.

there’s nothing wrong with the bike. it’s a dedicated track racer and looks like a nice upgrade from the '08 FTP.

i personally think that integrated seatpost is bad ass and would be proud to ride it at the track. if i owned that bike i’d probably throw on a different paint job though, never really been into fuji’s stock jobs…

p.s. is it available as a frameset only?

It’s definitely has gotten a more “track only” look.

Yet, someone out there will find a need to put risers and bright colored veeps on it.

i like it, but i like the '09 jamis sonik better. the '08 rode like a fucking pro.

edit: does anyone else feel like it’s trying to be a look?

the “wtf” was in no way negative

i think it’s actually one of the better stock paint jobs. looks a little like one of the older felts with black/red instead of gloss black/matte black.

reminds me of the newer giants

I totally fucking want that. Like, goddamn, I want that bike bad. Fuck.

this is my favorite of the paint schemes:

reminds me of:

i <3 ftp

I wish that I had never sold mine.

That shits hot. A lot better than the latest stock offerings on FTP’s paint jobs too.

I really hope that this seatmast thing is a fad. I’m not a fan of having to make un-correctable alterations on my bike. It’s like someone was sitting in a room wondering “We’re getting way too many returned bikes. How can we FORCE the buyer to alter the bike and make it non-returnable?”

I know they still have warranties and such, but not a whole lot of shops would be happy to return a bike with a shorter seatmast.

Also, won’t someone think of the tall people? This trend effectively eliminates the possibility of purchasing a used bike from someone with shorter legs than you.

[quote=“TimArchy”]I really hope that this seatmast thing is a fad. I’m not a fan of having to make un-correctable alterations on my bike. It’s like someone was sitting in a room wondering “We’re getting way too many returned bikes. How can we FORCE the buyer to alter the bike and make it non-returnable?”

I know they still have warranties and such, but not a whole lot of shops would be happy to return a bike with a shorter seatmast.

Also, won’t someone think of the tall people? This trend effectively eliminates the possibility of purchasing a used bike from someone with shorter legs than you.[/quote]

Yeah. I think it’s kinda silly too. Makes more sense for a track bike than a road bike though.