1" threadless forks

I’m thinking of the benefits of going threadless since I’m prolly going to change out the headset anyway. So What are my options for a 50cm kilo tt? BD lists the fork offset at 45, I’ve mostly looked at carbon but they all seem to be 43mm rake. BD are notoriously crap on their geometry tables and all the other Kilos are 40 so not sure there.

Help? Please?

[quote=“scrub”]I’m thinking of the benefits of going threadless since I’m prolly going to change out the headset anyway. So What are my options for a 50cm kilo tt? BD lists the fork offset at 45, I’ve mostly looked at carbon but they all seem to be 43mm rake. BD are notoriously crap on their geometry tables and all the other Kilos are 40 so not sure there.

Help? Please?[/quote]

Wound Up does carbon in 40 and 45 rake. I have the steel steerer version on my road bike. Pretty heavy for a carbon fork.

Profile, Alpha Q, Ritchey, Reynolds (Ouzo) have 1" threadless options last I checked, and there’s always Nashbar (43 rake though).

…or you could get one of these.

If it were my bike I honestly wouldn’t spend the money though.

A lot of the aftermarket forks in 1" threadless are expensive. Tarckeemoon listed most of them. Some shops might have one or two laying around that they’d sell for cheap. Some older track bikes came with them and people may have upgraded (My Daccordi had one).

If you don’t want the Nashbar, the ebay colnago fork is gonna be cheaper than any of the other listed above. And for that price you may be able to get Spicer or someone else to build one for you.

actually, just checked the Spicer site, they’ve got black and chrome for $100.

The rake question really needs to be settled first.

The Mercier site says 45, but given that it shows the 57 frame with a 59 top tube I’m a little skeptical too. Maybe a builder could help with this.

Also, the Spicer (aka KHS) fork is a tank, and if the rake is wrong it’s not a good choice. Same for the (much nicer IMO) Soma “track” fork.

by the time you get a fork that is even as good as what you have, and a headset you are going to have $300+ into a bike that was cool because it was cheap.
Doesn’t make since to me…

Try one of these

Quill stems are where it’s at. They’re classy and flex just so.

+1