2009 Cross Check, Long Haul Trucker, and Steamroller

New colorz, but of course unchanged aside from that.

News jacked from brianforums, which was jacked from bicycle smile I guess.

ewww on the bars on the white steamroller.

The new Cross-Check color is great!

It looks delicious.

I still like my grey though.

Nice colours. Those cranks though. eek!

Also, does this mean that Surly will actually have bikes to sell in 2009? Will Quality completely miss the mark again and have nothing to sell by mid-summer?

zinger

I’m not sure about that Cross Check color, looks a little like the contents of diapers!! Might grow on me though? Boring as it might be I still like my all black one better.

i’ve liked all of surly’s colors so far, but this one is my favorite.

Starbucks makes bikes now?

bar end shifters on a cross bike?

That color is definitely ‘baby-pooh brown’.

I hope they still offer the Crosscheck in black 'cause that’s the one I’ve always wanted and plan on getting.

But I guess I’d settle for babyshit.

I want a cross check, bad.

Before brifters, every cross bike had bar-end shifters, and lots of people (most old guys) still use them today. Surly says they come with bar-ends because it’s a compromise for two buyers of the bike - CX riders and commuters. I think this is bullshit and Surly just doesn’t want to spec some Tiagra brifters onto the CC and cut into their profits or raise the costs. Anyway, hardly anyone uses the Cross Check for cyclocross, and those that do aren’t really “in it to win it,” more likely to have a good time, and then they’ll turn around and ride the bike to work the next day.

Before brifters, every cross bike had bar-end shifters, and lots of people (most old guys) still use them today. Surly says they come with bar-ends because it’s a compromise for two buyers of the bike - CX riders and commuters. I think this is bullshit and Surly just doesn’t want to spec some Tiagra brifters onto the CC and cut into their profits or raise the costs. Anyway, hardly anyone uses the Cross Check for cyclocross, and those that do aren’t really “in it to win it,” more likely to have a good time, and then they’ll turn around and ride the bike to work the next day.[/quote]

Yeah, I was gonna say anyone that I know with a cross check that races has to take their rack/fenders off before they race.

I like my green :slight_smile:

That color is definitely ‘baby-pooh brown’.[/quote]
Or like the vomit on the legs of a marathoner.

i will need to get a brown crosscheck to replace my green crosscheck.

Before brifters, every cross bike had bar-end shifters, and lots of people (most old guys) still use them today. Surly says they come with bar-ends because it’s a compromise for two buyers of the bike - CX riders and commuters. I think this is bullshit and Surly just doesn’t want to spec some Tiagra brifters onto the CC and cut into their profits or raise the costs. Anyway, hardly anyone uses the Cross Check for cyclocross, and those that do aren’t really “in it to win it,” more likely to have a good time, and then they’ll turn around and ride the bike to work the next day.[/quote]

I actually like the bar cons on my cross check. I wish I knew how to explain it without sounding like an idiot, but I only really like to run brifters on lighter/stiffer frames. Something about putting newer tech on a bike that rides as comfy and relaxed as my CC seems like putting an f1 gearbox into an Oldsmobile.

I wasn’t shit-talking barcons at all, I love them and think they’re better than downtube shifters and brifters for casual riding or commuting. I was just saying that they’re not really ideal for CX racing, but that the nature of the Cross-Check isn’t really for CX racing, at least not in 2008.