2010 Track World Championships

I kind of dislike how track pros ride in the road hoods position on track enduro stuff.

Yeah. I get why they do it, but it just lessens the gap between roadie and trackie. Or something.

Enduro trackie = current or future roadie

I’m not… the frame and fork alone are over 2300 grams.[/quote]

Well, there’s that. I guess what I mean is that I wouldn’t expect it to be over 15lbs unless it was some goddamned heavy super stiff high-zoot carbon track bike. “Normal” track bikes usually don’t weigh that much (i.e. Dolan).

Also, I’m eager to see the match between Hoy and Forstemann. It sounds silly. Universal hasn’t got it up yet.

I know this, but still.

How can people think track is boring with those photos! So cool. If only public liability insurance didn’t kill the sport of track racing, it would be much bigger.
What gear do you think Hoy runs? It doesn’t look too huge from that photo.

[youtube]S6lzwT6nSdc[/youtube]

Must have been the cheap, unbranded crabon rims frames from eBay. I kid, I kid.

Not a laughing matter when somebody gets hurt.

Must have been the cheap, unbranded crabon rims frames from eBay. I kid, I kid.

Not a laughing matter when somebody gets hurt.

God I love how almost every time, Hoy gets in front and stays there. Although that Malaysian almost gave him a run for his money. Badass all around.

Repost I know, but look at the fucking gap Hoy bridges on this one. Dude’s a monster.

That’s mostly a standard match sprint tactic where you keep a 3-5 bike length distance from the guy in front of you so that when you accelerate, you go into the draft. It’s actually easier to do that than stay right on the other guy’s wheel roadie style and then slingshot at the last second.

Based on the qualifying times for the flying 200s these guys were doing for the match sprint, they were averaging around 45mph.

Wow.

I’m watching the last day of the event on Universal Sports right now. The Omnium is confusing as hell to watch. Worse cyclocross for trying to keep track of people.

So, does it not matter that a group of 4 broke away and lapped the field? It seems like once they made it back in they were just part of the group again and it didn’t matter that they were a lap ahead.

they get 20 points for lapping the field.

[youtube]HDMmPNuO0Bo[/youtube]

hahah fuckin balls!

Thanks for that. I couldn’t find that race anywhere in Universal’s coverage.

so hoy lost right? that was an amazing comeback but hoy totally got caught off guard

Holy shit! That was amazing.

yah i found it on fgf