26.0 compact drops (for real this time)

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HBPX6061/planet-x-standard-road-bar

Cheap bar is cheap, and heavy.

planet x won a world championship?

what is the weight i don’t see?

J&B has a 26.0 version of it’s Origin8 compact bar coming out shortly.

googled and found this on their site:

[quote]

Dick Holloway

Dick is an inspiration to local, regional and national competitors everywhere. Dick won the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in the 60-64 year old age group in 2008, and continues his winning resume each year. As a loyal, and long-term, Planet-X rider, Dick says that there is simply NO BIKE out there that compare with the quality and price efficeiency of the Planet X Stealth. As a matter of fact, he was quoted as saying that even if the Stealth cost 3x as much as it does…it would STILL be the best bang for the buck out there. [/quote]

what is the weight i don’t see?[/quote]

Who knows if or when these will be available in America.

^ I posted before I can get them if anyone is interested but the exchange rate really sucks so I doubt it’s worth it.

how bad does it suck?

Those Nittos would run around $85-90 in the US.

That would be worth buying then.
They sell for 7000yen at the cheaper mailorder places.

what does this even mean?
‘would’ if the exchange rate didn’t suck?
‘would’ if you could even get them at all through the regular channels that Nitto bars go through?

AND WHY DID NATE SAY THOSE OTHER BARS ARE HEAVY? I see no listed weight anywhere on the web.
this thread is frustrating me with its nebulous statements.

‘would’ if you could even get them at all through the regular channels that Nitto bars go through?

AND WHY DID NATE SAY THOSE OTHER BARS ARE HEAVY? I see no listed weight anywhere on the web.
this thread is frustrating me with its nebulous statements.[/quote]

I asked a friend of mine that’s in the business to import and sell those bars. He checked and said that he wouldn’t be inclined because they would have to sell for $85-90 and that’s too much. Then he mentioned something about them being tiny and wouldn’t I just like something like a B115 anyway.

Point being, he didn’t get it. He’s too busy selling parts for reenactment bikes.

Would those on one bars fit through a nitto quill stem?

what is the weight i don’t see?[/quote][/quote]

probably, if you don’t mind gouging the finish a little bit. i’ve put much more awkardly shaped ergo bars into a quill before just fine (albeit, with scraping)

this thread is frustrating me with its nebulous statements.[/quote]

I asked a friend of mine that’s in the business to import and sell those bars. He checked and said that he wouldn’t be inclined because they would have to sell for $85-90 and that’s too much. Then he mentioned something about them being tiny and wouldn’t I just like something like a B115 anyway.

Point being, he didn’t get it. He’s too busy selling parts for reenactment bikes.[/quote]
thank you for clarifying. $85-90 would not be a dealbreaker.

So… From what I can gather the bar pictured on the “standard” bar page is actually the “Strada” bar (31.8 clamp, 310 grams), but if you compare the drop and reach specs for both, they are both 130mm drop (the standard has 70mm reach, while the Strada has 80).

Is it cheap? Of course it is. Is it heavy? Well it’s almost certainly heavier than 310 grams.

I would see if they can confirm the shape of the bar before ordering, or wait for the Origin 8 version.

I just noticed that Deda seems to have changed the Piega from useless, uggo anatomic bend, to a more modern compact drop.

These shits are cheap, too.