A Fistful Of Post ATMO (old)

In 2011, the last time I went to a tweed ride, it was being held during the summer and everyone was far too overdressed for the temperature.

edit: oh look I found photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_squirrel/albums/72157626896708604

[quote=Andrew_Squirrel]In 2011, the last time I went to a tweed ride, it was being held during the summer and everyone was far too overdressed for the temperature.

edit: oh look I found photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_squirrel/albums/72157626896708604[/quote]

50 people in tweed, one guy who’s TOTALLY NOT GOING THROUGH A PHASE, MOM.

The fuck is Fred riding?

I think it some weird homebuilt thing he got off ebay.

With a 2 speed kickback coaster brake rear hub and maybe drum brake front? He will have more details but I’ve seen it in person and for a pile of weird parts it just looks “right”.

very little tweed in that photo set Andrew.
Also, if yellow sash dude is gonna wear that hat… he can wear that sash. Holy Cow.

Tweed rides simultaneously got me into Rapha and randonneuring bikes, therefore ruining my life

New t-shirt idea:

“Tweed Rides Ruined My Life”

https://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f15/friday-picfest-no-450-a-48562.html

“I had a design for a seat lug binder bolt, a perfect one for all of us to use, and asked Horst Engineering in Connecticut to make it real. Horst is a family business that has over 70 years in precision manufacturing. Scott and Art there have made a stainless steel part with cold-rolled threads that checks all of my boxes. Further, I wanted to bundle my new component with a 5mm allen key from Silca. Conversations with Joshua led to widening the net and adding a small amount of lube so that the user has all the tools needed for assembly. We brought in the other Josh (this one from NixFrixShun) and he’s supplying the NFS Race Grease. I sourced a 2.5 milliliter case in which the lube sits. Josh (the Silca Josh…) designed the small case that all of these jewels nest in.”

“The overarching agenda I had at the front end was to make a bolt assembly available for the hand-made sector, one that was a perfect fit, made to the same high standards as the frames that bear our name, and one that wasn’t some aftermarket or rebranded part, similar to those often kept at the bottom of tool boxes, or in glove compartments, for those emergency moments.”

TL;DR: I’m out of the game in the next few years, and need to feather my nest with some merchandising before I exit stage left.

Bravo

I mean yeah, do you even #brandonneuring?

funny thing is, Grant Petersen of all people figured this out 20 years ago:

instead of using that stupid italian custom bolt/nut design that always breaks, the seat lug is cast with a 10mm hexagonal hole in it

so Rivendells just use a standard M6 bolt and nylock nut

it’s lighter, simpler, never breaks, and is trivially replaced if lost or crossthreaded

:smilingeritchie.jpg:

All that for a seatpost binder bolt? How far up his own ass is he?

[quote=chairmandave]

https://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f15/friday-picfest-no-450-a-48562.html

“I had a design for a seat lug binder bolt, a perfect one for all of us to use, and asked Horst Engineering in Connecticut to make it real. Horst is a family business that has over 70 years in precision manufacturing. Scott and Art there have made a stainless steel part with cold-rolled threads that checks all of my boxes. Further, I wanted to bundle my new component with a 5mm allen key from Silca. Conversations with Joshua led to widening the net and adding a small amount of lube so that the user has all the tools needed for assembly. We brought in the other Josh (this one from NixFrixShun) and he’s supplying the NFS Race Grease. I sourced a 2.5 milliliter case in which the lube sits. Josh (the Silca Josh…) designed the small case that all of these jewels nest in.”

“The overarching agenda I had at the front end was to make a bolt assembly available for the hand-made sector, one that was a perfect fit, made to the same high standards as the frames that bear our name, and one that wasn’t some aftermarket or rebranded part, similar to those often kept at the bottom of tool boxes, or in glove compartments, for those emergency moments.”

[/quote]

i have a feeling i’ve bought bikes for less than the cost of this bolt.

that makes me irrationally angery

wait, but it comes with a twizzler?!

I’m sure there are at least two Twizzlers in there.

2037 eBay: “comes with original pre prohibition twizler”

fuck twizzlers, red vines for life