A Fistful Of Post ATMO (old)

[quote=JUGE FREDD]funny thing is, Grant Petersen of all people figured this out 20 years ago:

instead of using that stupid italian custom bolt/nut design that always breaks, the seat lug is cast with a 10mm hexagonal hole in it

so Rivendells just use a standard M6 bolt and nylock nut

it’s lighter, simpler, never breaks, and is trivially replaced if lost or crossthreaded[/quote]

But that would require sax to make is own lugs…!

richie posted that on twitter and people were looooooving it.
i do not understand him at all

[quote=fixed]richie posted that on twitter and people were looooooving it.
i do not understand him at all[/quote]

He figured out how to frame bikes as luxury items back when Simon Mottram was still in primary school. I am not interested in the end product, but I respect the hustle.

Yeah seriously, bike shit is expensive. I feel like most bike people don’t want to admit they have disposable income to blow on a hobby. At this point I kind of love the Sachs trolling.

People want distinction!  You gotta get them thinking that they've got some real savoir faire going, they're insiders who Get It and everyone else is just, you know, sort of clueless.  With their regular binder bolts and all.  

I honestly don’t think Sachs is trolling, I think he’s earnestly cashing in on the brand value he’s built up over the decades (that really blossomed after he turned VS into his personal brand lab).

He just seems like a super unlikable guy. He’s usually scowling and even when he is smiling, hes making the face you make when you have to touch something disgusting with your bare hands.

This is the face I’d make if I were picking up a piece of cat shit:

agree that he seems like he’d be dreadful to spend time with

Should we attribute this smile to the 28 empty beers next to him?

Someone Photoshop him picking up a coiler in that second picture please.

he’s been a good sport about my posts about him.

i heard at interbike that dan chab asked his teammates to not like my chab/dicksacks fanfiction post because it was too homoerotic. im hoping its true.

I love House Industries though, and to be completely honest, nobody can touch that branding

With you on this. At least his customers know what they want

lulz

I’m friends with a House designer; they are super talented. Sounds like RS is a nice guy work with, too.
TC: I have RS bidons, socks, hoody, bibs, etc.

[quote=iwillbe]People want distinction! You gotta get them thinking that they’ve got some real savoir faire going, they’re insiders who Get It and everyone else is just, you know, sort of clueless. With their regular binder bolts and all.

I honestly don’t think Sachs is trolling, I think he’s earnestly cashing in on the brand value he’s built up over the decades (that really blossomed after he turned VS into his personal brand lab).[/quote]

he is 100% trolling, in that he knew exactly what the reaction to this was gonna be among the type of people that patronize tarck. but he did it anyway, because fuck you he can do whatever he wants and he wants to make a pretty binder bolt and put some twizzlers in the pretty box along with it, you know?

[quote=lukasz][quote=iwillbe]People want distinction! You gotta get them thinking that they’ve got some real savoir faire going, they’re insiders who Get It and everyone else is just, you know, sort of clueless. With their regular binder bolts and all.

I honestly don’t think Sachs is trolling, I think he’s earnestly cashing in on the brand value he’s built up over the decades (that really blossomed after he turned VS into his personal brand lab).[/quote]

he is 100% trolling, in that he knew exactly what the reaction to this was gonna be among the type of people that patronize tarck. but he did it anyway, because fuck you he can do whatever he wants and he wants to make a pretty binder bolt and put some twizzlers in the pretty box along with it, you know?[/quote]

I don’t think he’s doing this for “us”, I think he’s doing it for the people who buy $800 custom painted Silicas and custom lugged frames with Joe Bell paintwork. We’re collectively about three rungs down the socioeconomic ladder from his customer base. As this thread makes clear, Tarck buys RS branded socks, not Sachs framesets.

Whenever I see a rs bike I always say “nice sachs machine” to the rider

I’ll let you know when I get a giggle
It hasn’t happened yet

[quote=iwillbe][quote=lukasz][quote=iwillbe]People want distinction! You gotta get them thinking that they’ve got some real savoir faire going, they’re insiders who Get It and everyone else is just, you know, sort of clueless. With their regular binder bolts and all.

he is 100% trolling, in that he knew exactly what the reaction to this was gonna be among the type of people that patronize tarck. but he did it anyway, because fuck you he can do whatever he wants and he wants to make a pretty binder bolt and put some twizzlers in the pretty box along with it, you know?[/quote]

I don’t think he’s doing this for “us”, I think he’s doing it for the people who buy $800 custom painted Silicas and custom lugged frames with Joe Bell paintwork. We’re collectively about three rungs down the socioeconomic ladder from his customer base. As this thread makes clear, Tarck buys RS branded socks, not Sachs framesets.[/quote]

i never said he’s doing it for “us”

I said he knew what the haterz were gonna think and understood that ultimately that makes his product and image even more desirable. Not even the most Connecticut richie fans out there look at that thing without a bit of a smirk.