A safe space to complain about jackass humans

It’s an annoying mentality, even shitty about receiving help. When I was at UCSF someones car died in the middle of the parking entrance for the apartments we lived at. It was also a fire lane, so they had a note on their windshield that they were waiting for AAA for a jump and their phone number.

I called and told them I had a jumper pack that we could hook up and use to move the car to a space while he waits for AAA and he was very dismissive about it…

Another time there was a guy in the same parking lot struggling with a flat tire while his friends waited in the shade (the apartments were owned by ucsf and had some hiking/biking trails around them). The family walking ahead of me asked if the cyclist needed help, and he said he was fine. I asked if he needed any tools or a bigger floor pump and he just grumbled “I’m fine. All these doctors think they’re bike mechanics”

I didn’t bother to tell him I used to be one and my neighbor was still working as a wrench while doing his 3rd year of med school

2 Likes

Back on topic!

5 Likes

Oh damn my kid always wants to wear so many layers. When she was 2 she pretty much lived in her patagonia puffy suit. Baby can’t wear it now because she wore huge holes in the butt.

1 Like

I’d like to thank the Home Depot company for thoughtfully providing this handy dandy scissor lift parking rack!

2 Likes

I’ve spotted like 4 more of these around DC…

6 Likes

fuckin hill interns

3 Likes

immediately after posting this the owner of the Trek walked up and I got to show them how fast I could take their bike lol. They were like ohhhhhhhhh

11 Likes

Same vibe as when I see people riding bikes where they used the QR blade as a wing nut

3 Likes

Lincoln Avenue serving up the lulz!

3 Likes

A pedestrian tried to hit me today.
he was walking on the wrong side of the MUP and when I passed him he stuck his arms out trying to make himself as big as possible. I wasn’t even trying to punish pass him.

I’ve seen some one or two folks on MUPs around here clearly angry at me for being a cyclist and coming at them too quickly. Also seemed apparent they had a different perspective of the world than everyone else.

Speaking of jackasses, went out for a ride the other morning and nearly got killed by roughly three separate motorists that completely and flagrantly blew through a stop sign or a red light at speed.

1 Like

It’s been bad out there. I fully expect to die by car in the next 20 years of I keep riding this much and stay here.

1 Like

Now that’s a real WTF. Apart from him clearly being in the wrong, in the event of contact he probably comes out worse than you.

1 Like

I’ve been yelled at multiple times by nerdy looking old farts going the opposite direction on the mup to turn my lights off. Sorry geezer, that’s not how dynamo lights work. Get a clue.

11 Likes

during the time i commuted on an MUP this was such a THING

This happened to me a couple weeks ago on Seattle’s popular Burke-Gilman MUP- a tall boomer-aged man jogging the wrong way. He threw an elbow out that clipped my shoulder after I had passed a couple and was moving back onto the right side. I’ve been trying to be less confrontational on the bike, so I just kept on riding. After debating with myself for 10-15 minutes, I ended up turning around to sneak up on the guy and give him a big surprise slap in the ass. I still need to work on my behavior.

15 Likes

Have not had anything like that happen yet, even on the elevated boardwalk section of the MUP I’m technically supposed to be walking my bike (wonder who that sign is for?). I do make sure to slow down and usually coast past folx, especially if they’re on foot.

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2022-06-10/how-cities-responded-to-traffic-deaths-100-years-ago

does this kind of stuff go here?

5 Likes

@Dr_Shart_Attack_PhD if this goes through, i think it’s time to change up your fit to something more appropriate…

21 Likes

so dress like a local?

11 Likes