A story that doesn't involve cat piss

So, this guy posted some stuff on craigslist last winter, just a couple front wheels. I picked up the Campy x Shimano one as seen. Today I stopped by and picked up the Rigida rim as well as a Suntour 144 BCD road crank with a ring. There’s more stuff I’m picking up, but I’ll post what I’ve seen so far:

Mavic x 7 speed Dura Ace hub (rear)
Mavic Open Pro x Shimano Ultegra (front, NOS)
Campy Mexico 68 x Campy Xenon (front, NOS)
Ambrosio tubular rim (NOS)
Many brands 135bcd rings in 3/32", and one in 1/8" (all NOS)
Sugino 110bcd 1/8" BMX ring (NOS, with Sugino Crown logo stamped)
3TTT quill stem, 120mm-ish, 26.0mm
Cinelli quill stem, 120mm-ish, 26.4mm
Campagnolo Record track pedals + original straps (I’m buying these if I can find the toeclip mounting hardware)
Ofmega track pedals (worn and missing dust caps)
Unknown brand 135bcd cranks (2 sets)
Unknown brand 27.2 seatpost
Unknown brands traditional and anatomic bend road bars
Unknown brand aero brake levers
American Classic rear hub, freewheel threads, cartridge bearings
Bullseye front hub, cartridge bearings
Shimano front hub, old mountain bike style, high flange with track nuts

There are boxes more of saddles, seatposts, quill stems, track cogs, and probably other cool stuff. I really want to pick up those Campy pedals, anybody know where to find those mounting plates?

edit: here are the pedals:

:open_mouth:

Trust fund

No I’m jk

This thread is bullshit w/o an asymmetric Yamaguchi that’s too small for you.

I doubt this guy ever rode anything that nice. Most of the stuff is just pretty decent and he’s selling it extremely cheap. I’ve spent $75 so far.

I was kidding!

Looks like you scored.

I cleaned up the cranks a bit with some steel wool. I’m looking at pics of the Suntour Superbe Pro, and they look identical. How can I tell if these are actually road cranks and not track cranks?

Oh I forgot the reason I made this thread wasn’t to show off (even though I really did) but maybe if anyone wants anything I could pick it up for you or provide the hook-up.

They might be Superbe Pro road cranks. Track cranks have a small lip that sits flush with the ring on the outside of the spider arms only. Road cranks have that little lip on both sides.

Track:

Road:

Any idea how much either of those front wheels would be?

Is that Rigida a 32 and clincher? Does the dude have any more of them or any other old brown/gray anodized rims? I also need a 7 speed Shimano cassette (road).

i might want that 3ttt quill stem, and aero lever(s).

as for mountain hardware for those pedals - why not the hardware store. i’m sure you can find something there that will work fine. it’s not like you need campy bolts.

$60 for the Mavic, $30 for the Campy, I belive.

Yes and yes. I can ask if he has any more rims like it. The Dura Ace rear wheel has a 7 speed cassette.

[quote=“tjayk”]i might want that 3ttt quill stem, and aero lever(s).

as for mountain hardware for those pedals - why not the hardware store. i’m sure you can find something there that will work fine. it’s not like you need campy bolts.[/quote]

There is a plate missing, the plate that goes on top of the clip which is on top of the pedal. It’s a sandwhich, and the two bolts go through the holes in each layer.

Awesome. Do you know what Mavic rim?

My winter project is going to be fixing up my Davidson in proper early 90’s fashion. Please keep me posted.

I’m looking for a decent old 700c freewheel (not freehub) wheel. They’re surprisingly hard to come by (everything seems to be 27"). Let me know if you’ve got something you want to part with.

Something like this?

I think one of the tubular wheels had freewheel threads, and as I mentioned the American Classic has freewheel threads (although it’s just a hub and needs to be built).

Any chance of a 135 bdc 3/32 chainring in 42 teeth?