AB's "Not Sure" & "Average" & "huh?" thread

Tonic

Something something passive suspension. I’ve seen no tests that show it works, but that seems to be the vague claim.

clearly it’s designed to be a spring, but I’m not buying it that it works that way to any noticeable effect.

I like the idea but it should be in the seat tube for buttery vibes

The purple bike is fine. On a tangential note though, I was looking at bikes locked up the other day and actually pronounced in my head, Ergos equals ban.

“Hello all, this is my new ultimate tire system. Mr. Tuffy Tire Liners and Schwalbe Marathon Plus HS 440 Tires… I also keep my tires inflated at maximum pressure at all times, this stops the dreaded snake bite.”

All rolling on Spinergys, lol

[quote=sparksflyhigh]“Hello all, this is my new ultimate tire system. Mr. Tuffy Tire Liners and Schwalbe Marathon Plus HS 440 Tires… I also keep my tires inflated at maximum pressure at all times, this stops the dreaded snake bite.”

All rolling on Spinergys, lol[/quote]

OMFG

1 Like

it looks like he also has 50/34 chainrings?

Would.

That guy lives in Chicago. I’ve seen his bike in person at the lbs and seen him riding it.
Birkenstock and wool socks.
Ponytail.
Certified kook.

[quote=Andrew_Squirrel][quote=sparksflyhigh]“Hello all, this is my new ultimate tire system. Mr. Tuffy Tire Liners and Schwalbe Marathon Plus HS 440 Tires… I also keep my tires inflated at maximum pressure at all times, this stops the dreaded snake bite.”

OMFG

[/quote]

THE RACK IS LAVA!!

Mig?

50/34 gives me all of it on the road

If I ever post a bike like that just take me out
It’s over

One of the best things about Tarck is that, whenever we find a kook’s bike somewhere on the internet, there’s always someone here, like Rusty, who has seen it in person. I also want to point out that, further down, he is bragging about riding a single tire for 8,000 miles over a 10-year span. So he’s not even the kind of kook who logs incredible miles in all conditions. Just a fair weather rider with a heavyass bike who really hates flats.

Anyone wanna take a guess at home much that thing weighs?

I thought it was a troll talking about his Schwalbe Marathons on Spinergys, then I saw the bike…

Solid 42 lbs with the metal bottles and water

I should add that as townie has surmised, I’ve only ever seen this kook riding that thing in the nicest conditions imaginable. Always with four stuffed panniers, always within the same three or four mile radius.

If he were one of those guys, and we all know those guys, I’d actually be kinda psyched. Knowing that he’s a fair-weather chump makes me hate him.

[quote=Andrew_Squirrel][quote=sparksflyhigh]“Hello all, this is my new ultimate tire system. Mr. Tuffy Tire Liners and Schwalbe Marathon Plus HS 440 Tires… I also keep my tires inflated at maximum pressure at all times, this stops the dreaded snake bite.”

OMFG

[/quote]
Some serious valve extenders on that thing.