Adidas Velo Sambas

ride report?

I just wrote an article for curated about cycling shoes and I pretty much said don’t waste your time with shoes like this.
Went down memory lane with Kursk promo.

But yeah, these sambas and similar are like the compact suv of shoes. does a little bit everything and not much of everything.

2 Likes

it’s not a fixie product, there’s no similarity to the garbage from Chrome and DZR that I’ve snapped in half

the Five Ten District shoes were just different styling from the same manufacturing years earlier and have held up great for me

my new Velosambas are a bit less walkable than the Districts, but kinda feel like the upper needs to be broken in from how the tongue/vamp fits

remember the levis 511 cycling trousers and how they wouldn’t tear on the double ply crotch but they would tear after about the same amount of time along the stitching where they fastened the double ply

that’s all.

i have chrome spd boots that are probably 10 years old at this point, so they made at least 2 good shoes

Before setting off from PDX I left the Adidas store one day with a pair of these. Obv they aren’t spd but I would consider these the only flat I’d wear at this point.

https://www.adidas.com/us/nizza