All things MTB (old)

Got impatient and bought the 3-bolt MRP since same price and I’m extra derpy on the mtn bike. Will have sw8 purp ano regrets later, I’m sure.

I have the purple one…

I have the red one, not pictured.

https://www.cinelli-usa.com/hobootleg-geo-mtn-bike-sangria/

lmao hot fuckin garbage. Seems like a good fit if you want a re-enactment bike without looking the part and spending more than $30 at the co-op for the next most-similar bike.

Definitely the front derailleur. Looking at the newer Shimano side swing things for better clearance.

Sent the email finalising the geo on the Starling to Joe today, gonna put down the deposit for the tubes and parts later this week/next week.
SOST OKED.

[quote=oogens]https://www.cinelli-usa.com/hobootleg-geo-mtn-bike-sangria/

lmao hot fuckin garbage. Seems like a good fit if you want a re-enactment bike without looking the part and spending more than $30 at the co-op for the next most-similar bike.[/quote]This doesnt seem bad if you want something like a Surly and now it’s $1000. Reach seems like it’d work with a short stem and drop bars, too. I don’t want to hate.

Wanting to hate is a tarck prerequisite

[quote=Viggen]Sent the email finalising the geo on the Starling to Joe today, gonna put down the deposit for the tubes and parts later this week/next week.
SOST OKED.

[/quote]

yo looking hella fun. 500mm reach is gonna be gnar

I’m all bout them long arms and lanky body mang. I’m hoping the 500 reach is gonna shred the gnar. Hard.

literally can’t find any mention of this thing on internet.

what it is?

that’s interesting, looks like a new TMARS model: https://www.ebay.com/itm/TMARS-471L-Mechanical-Drop-Seatpost-w-Remote-440mm-27-2-30-9mm-3-stage/132273933030

Instead of needing to sit on it to raise the saddle (nutslap protection), it now raises freely but you need to unweight a little to drop it

no more fixed cable run, but also no need for a dorky boot to cover the big holes in the shaft

so worth a try? I’m willing to commit if it might work half a damn.

So tired of looking at posts. Everything leaks or breaks or gets sloppy too quickly. I just want simplicity and reliability.

Am I the only one having good luck with 100 dollar KS etens? The four inch derp is plenty for me since I’m not rad.

i had one that was fine for a year, but started getting a little slow and a little bouncy by the time i sold the bike. they’re not that bad just kinda beefy and no adjustable pressure.

I guess the Eten I had is now called the Eten-R. My biggest beef with it was that the actuator mechanism would get clogged with grime and start acting up. It also started digging the roller bearings into the post from riding around with it dropped and sitting on the saddle. I probably would still be riding it, but I wanted a 125 mm drop for getting more gnar.

One of the internally-routed Etens would probably work for a while, but it is literally built around a chair pole gas rod. The Lev is also pretty decent (and get anno collars!), but for the price, you can usually buy a Reverb take off.

Most of the more robust droppers aren’t being made in 27.2, yet. The options are pretty limited.

I got a brand x for 100$ and it kicks ass FYI

That’s my #1 pick so far but I don’t think they make a post long enough for me. They top out at 400mm with at least 110 insertion. I think I need like 10mm more than that :frowning:

Look at the Brand-X XL one? 150mm drop and 458mm total length.
Also the E13 TRS is available in a 170mm drop one that should be plenty long for anyone, fully serviceable at home and not complicated at all. 498mm in total length.

Thanks for the suggestions but the wrench in the works is I’m looking for about 15mm offset and 27.2. Slim pickins. I could probably run a Thomson with the rails in a good place but I’ve heard that those don’t have a good track record either.