All things MTB (old)

Damn, Leogang was pretty legit. So much work in such a short course.
Looked like the men’s race took the most exciting crown this weekend. I missed qualifying and didn’t realize so many top people were dropping so low (so I fast forwarded past them).
Greenland’s manualing in the motorway was nuts, Gwin looked on point. But Pierrion and Shaw made it awesome as the final two.
Bummer for Seagrave. Wonder if it was the wind or just oversent it.

Leogang was a lot more exciting than ft william for sure. Super bummed for luca shaw - two weeks in a row. Pierron looked so fucking smooth and fast though.

Myriam getting so close to Rachel’s time was also pretty cool. I didn’t pay attention to qualifiers either, so was super confused by the start order in both races.

what’s tarck think about hardtails?
I can prodeal Pivot, Niner, Santa Cruz, and Q
mostly for fun trail rides, but also a 3-4 weekend bikepacking trips a year
thoughts on 27+?
the SC Chameleon is pretty
gonna go look at some stuff this week

[quote=Lowrey’sOrgan]what’s tarck think about hardtails?
I can prodeal Pivot, Niner, Santa Cruz, and Q
mostly for fun trail rides, but also a 3-4 weekend bikepacking trips a year
thoughts on 27+?
the SC Chameleon is pretty
gonna go look at some stuff this week[/quote]

Outside of the MTB thread, Tarck will tell you to get a Cross Check or Day Ruiner.

Belopsky got a Chameleon a couple pages back, and never returned. Presumably, they are having more fun on it than posting here.

Edit: quoted for new page

PS this is My First MTB
so I have no idea what I’m talking about

Chameleon looks sweet. I’d do one of those over a pivot or niner offering.

Belopsky is plenty active on iBob so I dunno.

If you get a large Chameleon can I borrow it? That one’s still first on my list.

I would buy based on spec, more than anything else. Get one with a dropper and decent fork. They will all be comparable.
I think + bikes are gimicky and not as shreddy as regular bikes ATMO.

it’ll probably be a large, if so borrow anytime
sweet i’m gonna go test ride one tomorrow
got a few days on the CT planned for the first weekend of august so I’ve gotta get my MTB chops back ASAP

blopsky is riding here and there. the chameleon is a lot of fun. never thought id love aluminum this much. guess with 3" rubber it truly doesnt matter

may get a 29er set for it as well, we’ll see.
Would be great if I could fit a fatty front tire for winter - fat fork required

I can’t remember how to embed Vimeo. Anyway, we raced in the rain on Sunday. I got muddy and placed mid pack, losing all my time to the leader on the mile long climb. It was a good time, but one of the sloppiest days I can remember.

Giant Fathom 1 - just under 1500 buck. 1x11 SLX, stock with tubeless things, dropper, decent fork. 74 STA / 67 HTA 27.5
Kona Honzo - I have a steel one. I’d get an aluminum one for weight savings, but steel is real?

i did some dirt riding on my trail bike
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rBpZwV6z8goxDCr96

that wasn’t worth clicking

SRAM officially announced Eagle NX 1x12. The 11-50 cassette is compatible with conventional 8/9/10-speed splined freehubs. Weights aren’t too impressive, but it’ll probably shift better than cobbled-together setups that rely on SunRace cassettes.

+1.

Well the Sunrace 11-50 together with a XT SGS is almost on par with the stock shimano cassette. The Sunrace MX-80 also a bit over 100 grams lighter than the new NX, but I guess availability, a low price and more choices are great for us going for shimano style free hubs.

Yea but the kit won’t be available until September at the earliest. I was on Q ready to pull the trigger.

If I have grown to appreciate the modulation and power of the TRP quadiems g-spec, can I expect the same relative feel (modulation mostly) on the slate g-spec? Previously I could jump between Guide RSC and previous model XT on different bikes no problem. But really feeling the on-off of the 8000 xt vs the g-spec.
So contemplating slates and saving xts for sup’s next biek since she digs them coz small lever throw.

Glasses wearers, what do you do for goggles on your full faces?

Wear contacts.
I used to have a pair of goggles that had cut out notches for glasses. I believe they were Scotts.