All things MTB (old)

[quote=Viggen]I snatched one from Superstar Components, made in the UK and all that jazz. Felt and looked nice when installing and uses easily replaceable cartridge bearings. They have -20% off all their UK made stuff right now with code: SUNHOORAYFP
There’s also the ones from Works which looks almost identical. They offer -1, -1,5 and -2 degree options.

And if you are gonna mess about with a FS you really should look into Offsetbushings![/quote]

Due to shipping and insurance issues, they won’t ship to Ukraine, Russia, or the USA :colbert:

Oh well, guess I’ll have to get a works components hs

I have an American friend who who owns a bike shop in the Netherlands. If there was enough desire I’m sure I could arrange to proxy the sale, but looks like the Works Components will do the duty. If that proves not the case, let’s revisit the topic and I’ll see what I can do.

The Andorra DH course/race is going to be brutal.
(track walk) (practice run/practice run 2)

Yessss! Ben Cathro is such a great fella, great insight and all the things. He’s gonna do Another “Behind the tape” for Pinkbike on Andorra as well.
This is his Part 1 from practice:

EDIT: here’s his track walk that Frank linked up above:

If your bike is pretty standard you will drop your BB 10mm for a 1 degree slacker HA, not that much in the grand scheme of things.

You thinking of putting an angle set on your Giant or another bike?

Giant.
I need to get another 2 years or so out of it. It is fun and was the perfect bike for AZ, but I’m just on the edge of what I can handle on it terrain wise. Canada is steep.

try out the offset bushings. It’s a pretty easily reversible decision if you end up not liking them.

Damn, damn, damn that was a good race.

Long shot but looking for recs fir good trails at kingdom trails outside of the regular darling hill options. Deadline:tomorrow morning.

This side of the Burke XC loop isn’t bad. We didn’t do the park stuff since we started nearer to Trillium trail. So we went up Burnham down instead of riding the road.

not entirely related, but Bolton valley (about and hr or two from burke, so pretty far away.) but they’re reviving their MTB trail network after a few years without summer operations, and trail access is currently free for “the foreseeable future” trails aren’t as fancy as in the kingdom but they ain’t bad at all either.

Good info! I think I just made it a goal to go check them out before winter.

Awesome, thanks everyone.

I pitched this to the group but some people were “tired from yesterday” and wanted something shorter.

We ended up going to the northeast quadrant of darling hill, which most of us hadn’t ridden, and the tired people turned around early while the rest of us rode pretty much all the trails and still got 15 miles in.

There’s a new trail that’s not on the maps yet that’s parallel to burnham down and intended as an uphill only trail to reduce conflicts on all the bridges. I think it just opened this weekend.

I made a little shredit of Cold Creek trail in Washington.
[youtube]wlv8exZOecg[/youtube]

I pitched this to the group but some people were “tired from yesterday” and wanted something shorter.

We ended up going to the northeast quadrant of darling hill, which most of us hadn’t ridden, and the tired people turned around early while the rest of us rode pretty much all the trails and still got 15 miles in.

There’s a new trail that’s not on the maps yet that’s parallel to burnham down and intended as an uphill only trail to reduce conflicts on all the bridges. I think it just opened this weekend.[/quote]
Good to know! We rode up burnham down, but it was shockingly dead up there and didn’t encounter anyone all day.
Would like to get up there again with a crew of people. Always better when you aren’t worried about being lost at all the crossroads of trails.

Lovely shredit!
Burke chat: in May I saw The Moose Alley Moose. I’m probably going up there this weekend.

That camera using a chest rig?

Yesterday at Dockton Forest on Vashon Island with a pile of people including Derek and Fred. Unexpected beach ride was fun and beautiful.

Dockton Forest by Scott Gamble, on Flickr

https://www.strava.com/activities/1705557920

Yeah, I recorded it with a GoPro 3 with a chest mount. I have a helmet chin bar mount, but it’s even more bouncy in the rough stuff.