Annoying hipsters you know in real life...

This one time, I was at a party with a friend of mine named Katie. We’d known each other for some time and were thinking about dating. Things were going great until she introduced me to her friend from class. I guess he’d been helping her with her studies. I wanted to thank him and talk to him – he seemed decent enough by reputation.

Anyway, she’d warned me that the guy was a little hip but she thought I might like him because he is “into bikes”. But jesus christ he was one of the most fucked up people I have ever met. He never shutup about fucking bikes. He went on and on about skids and bikes and how he was just the most awesome cyclist ever. It was embarrassing and a lot of people around us were uncomfortable. When he started talking about fork rakes, I thought I was in a nightmare, it really was that bad.

Also, he smelled terrible, like a butt that had a butt. He clearly thought he was being funny and friendly but he succeeded only in alienating the people around him------if you didn’t ride a bike, you were an asshole, basically.

Everybody talked about him behind his back when he wasn’t around, only to shut up the moment he came over and force a fucking smile through gritted teeth as he continued to laugh at his own jokes and scratch the few ill-considered hairs springing from just below his chin.

I swear, I have never, ever, met anyone so repulsive and hateful in my life.

He’s even an attention whore on Facebook. I friended him just to grab his profile and look at the stupid fucking things he posts all the time.

What an ass.

Actually, come to think of it, I don’t recall whether or not he was even at the school there. He was one of those weird guys that just came to campus and showed up when parties were ending and laughed too loud like a horse that just got Zippy the Pinhead for the first time. He loved just creepily watching girls from the corner though.

I mean, really. If you ever run across this kid on your campus, run, don’t walk, in the opposite direction as quick as you can, find an ancient cold war era bomb shelter, and live off the foodstuffs until one of you matriculates more or less by accident.

Anyone else got stories of loathsome hipsters?

Hey! Thats a picture of me!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

THATS ME

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

PS - I doubt you ever met me at a party. I rarely go to house parties and crap and if I did I sure as hell didn’t talk to you about skidz and rake.

Whoa, seriously?

I know I am a hipster. no outing.

it posted my picture there. hahahaha

Sorry dood ;(

ok special script. that places our facebooks in the spot. Clever trick.

edit that, come on :wink:

no.

Ah well, it will get most people, that is why I wrote such a long openign reply. And don’t worry, it got me a couple of days ago :wink:

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get it to work at Bikeforums, that would be an epic thread. The forums’ servers would implode from all the PMs to the mods, requesting a deletion of “personal information”, it would be just fucking great. Does anyone know how to get it to work there?

Yeah, if I can get it to work at Bikeforums, I will write it out again so that it is not gender-specific…

Doesn’t show up for me. Just “Image”.

[quote=“danger_scott”]AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

THATS ME

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

PS - I doubt you ever met me at a party. I rarely go to house parties and crap and if I did I sure as hell didn’t talk to you about skidz and rake.[/quote]
haha.

Are you on facebook?

yes, and logged in.

I bet it’s because I have ‘super-awesome-person no-script mode’ enabled. That, or I’m not a smelly hipster.

Shit, now it is only giving me “Image” now too…I have noticed that on this forum that an image in a post sometimes won’t show…

Damn.

hmm. when i go to the image source URL it shows up. but not in the thread. odd.