Anyone ride a Milwaukee?

If I upgraded my frame, i think id like to get one from them, but there doesnt seem to be many around. the only real reasons for me wanting a milwaukee frame are: they’re made in the waterford factory which is where paramounts were made in the 80s after they stopped making them in chicago, my whole family is from that area, and from my experience, stuff that comes out of the midwest is usually made really well.

So, if you ride one, how do you like it?

If you hate it, what do you wish you would have gotten instead?

I took a quick spin on one when they first came out. I thought it was rather tank-like, but not in a bad way. It’s pretty similar to the Kona Paddy Wagon (road geometry, long reach brakes, fender eyelets).

I considered getting one and throwing a disc fork on it for a while since you can buy just the frame.

yeah the ‘orange one’ im not so sure about now after looking at the dimensions and comparing it to a steamroller.

their new track frame is a little over $700 and im thinking that better used frames in nice shape can probably be had for that price.

i probably need to turn off my nostalgic tendencies when it comes to something as important as a new frame.

[quote=“room203”]yeah the ‘orange one’ im not so sure about now after looking at the dimensions and comparing it to a steamroller.

their new track frame is a little over $700 and im thinking that better used frames in nice shape can probably be had for that price.[/quote]

Yeah. The (optional) stock Orange One stock fork is heavy and Surly-esque (I think it’s a Pacer fork). I’d do the optional canti studs and buy it frame-only if I were getting an Orange One, then get a lighter cross fork.

The new track frames don’t seem worth it for the $$$.

ive seen some really nice builds with those frames, but pricey

Mad pricey!

Yeah the price is all wrong IMO.

Depends on what you’re looking for. There are plenty of road geometry tig welded frames in quality tubing to choose from.

I just priced one out with canti studs - $525. Throw on a Vicious Cycles cross fork (True Temper) for another $275 and you have an American-made True Temper SS cross frame and fork for $800.

Buy a few sets of these and go nuts.