Attractive/minimalist way to display a frame on your wall?

just stucko the frames right into the walls.

Skip posts on here and from what I can tell seems to be a good dude, but that picture is terrible.

tattoos: for nonconformists

put a post/seat in it, then put artsy looking poles/sticks or similar and hook the seat. not sure how stable it’d be, just an idea i had

Depending on space… Some shops put a single pole/hook in the wall and put the head-tube over it. Makes bike stand out from wall. Can work in certain spaces.

most shops ive seen do the little hooks and fishingline, especially if it is at all permanent. Another good idea is using a small piece of trim with a hard lip for the wheels to rest on should you be displaying a full bike.

ive seen basically the opposite of those that looks good too chevy
where the dropouts bolt on, then theres a support a few inches down the chainstay to support it at the angle you want

i cant seem to find a pic

just jb weld it man

[youtube]Rb2bMdH1iPY[/youtube]

[quote=tarckeemoon]Skip posts on here and from what I can tell seems to be a good dude, but that picture is terrible.

tattoos: for nonconformists[/quote]

it’s funny, but i’ve never seen as many hipster bike kids with strictly leg tattoos, than in north florida and georgia.

this makes you think…

NO!!!

took me a minute

I wouldn’t trip about that.

My frames are still in a big pile on the ground. I’ll probably just string 'em up to some nails. I have a few other frames stuffed into the rafters too. Anyone want a slightly dented aluminum 62cm Mercier road frame?

None of us have strictly leg tattoos… though that isn’t obvious in the picture it would have been a little weird though much more awesome if we had our shirts off.

I have found from living in Georgia that the most common tattoo is parent-bought, either one full or two half sleeves on underage kids trying not to get carded at the bar.

[quote=GRHebard]ive seen basically the opposite of those that looks good too chevy
where the dropouts bolt on, then theres a support a few inches down the chainstay to support it at the angle you want

i cant seem to find a pic[/quote]

Sparks another idea. What about the quick-release fork mounts for truck beds/bike racks. Are those wide enough for rear dropout? Possibly add a spacer and skewer? Sub$10 shipped on ebay from what I remember.

[quote=skipbrakes]
I have found from living in Georgia that the most common tattoo is parent-bought, either one full or two half sleeves on underage kids trying not to get carded at the bar.[/quote]
what?

parents buy their kids sleeves so that they don’t get carded at the bar?

?

is this like parents buying boobjobs for their daughters’ highschool graduation present?

That’s how I read it.

[quote=chevy42083][quote=GRHebard]ive seen basically the opposite of those that looks good too chevy

i cant seem to find a pic[/quote]

Sparks another idea. What about the quick-release fork mounts for truck beds/bike racks. Are those wide enough for rear dropout? Possibly add a spacer and skewer? Sub$10 shipped on ebay from what I remember.[/quote]

You can make them for even cheaper with a carefully measured block of wood and a QR skewer. Totally ghetto, but it works.

I think that zombie wants to hang them like the No Brakes frames are hung though, and a setup like this won’t allow that.

I’m thinking mounting from the drive side using junker fixed cups. Attach a small block of wood to the wall at the stud. Drill two holes in a old fixed cup and thread onto the frame. Get the frame level and mark where your holes in the fixed cup line up with the wood block on the wall. Drill some pilot holes in the block, then take your frame with the cup installed and insert screws through the holes in the cup into the pilot holes in the block.

explain plz[/quote]

he ate too many