awesome fixie vidz

how you embed fb video?

Ouchie

i don’t like watching that

You know it is coming, but it hurts worse seeing it happen.

can we make fixies cool again?

Man I had to look away at the impact but when I looked back I saw the dude sliding like three feet on his face. I can now see the point of full face helmets.

Only fixed crit fixies that never see a track.

Tc: never been on a track, but also all of the bikes I’ve had for ~6 years.

I’m slowly resurrecting my Viner pista, trying to keep it cool.

Tarck: slowly making fixes cool again, one biek at a time.

Tracklocross San Francisco from TURF BIKES on Vimeo.

Jesus christ, that’s painful to watch.

Watched 1:23 of it. I want the last 1:23 of my life back.

Malort!

I was there and the event was super fun. The videographer was such a dick. He was on the course, getting in peoples way, focusing only on the ‘cool kids’ to the point of chasing around Chas, Gabe, and Sean and fucking up other peoples shit. Stupid event thrown tongue in cheek and some idiot videographer tries to show it as some sick fucking fixie shit because he takes it more seriously than anyone there. Everyone there thought it was dumb and fun, exactly what an event like that should be. Hence the drinking of Malort.

That video makes way more sense now. I’d much rather watch unedited phone videos of something like that. That video made my soul hurt.

I was thinking, looked like fun stupid bike shenanigans, but not something you try to make a sikk edit out of

I generally dislike videographers at most bike events. It’s like they all went to the skateboarding school of videography where they have to get super low and jam a camera in your face while you’re trying desperately not to run into them. I saw him actually wreck someone out doing that during the event.

I’m glad that my time doing stuff like that GG Park goofaround was before digital video cameras were common, preserved some of the mystery. I’m not sure there’s a way to shoot that kind of thing so that it looks cool. Your point about skate video style is spot on, though. I just watched a bunch of old alleycat videos, and it looks better when it’s just a stationary shot of some people rolling up to a checkpoint interspersed with shots of people sitting in a booth at a bar. Slow paced, almost Ken Burns-y documentation.

Aim for the camera.

Riding a bunch of night bmx, I always aimed for the flash if I knew I was gonna deck it.

This is a video with a much better tone, Dope Pedalers in SF.
Peter (the singer) hasn’t ever taken himself too seriously.

https://vimeo.com/106761970 - Click Dark - Never Coastin - DPBC