awesome fixie vidz

AGILITY IN THE MOUNTAINS BRO

http://bikepacker.com/splixie/

[quote=akasnowmaaan]This is a video with a much better tone, Dope Pedalers in SF.
Peter (the singer) hasn’t ever taken himself too seriously.

https://vimeo.com/106761970 - Click Dark - Never Coastin - DPBC[/quote]

[quote]yes i read the radavist
bicycle recidivist[/quote]

[quote=akasnowmaaan]This is a video with a much better tone, Dope Pedalers in SF.
Peter (the singer) hasn’t ever taken himself too seriously.

https://vimeo.com/106761970 - Click Dark - Never Coastin - DPBC[/quote]

I really enjoyed that one.

the vid was cheezy, but that looked like a ton of fun/hilarious

that said, best ‘fixie’ video I’ve seen.

holy fuck I hate the term ‘fixie’

Oh fuck I miss that show!

[youtube]cu1AQdjZVr8[/youtube]
this is hilarious

God damnit. I thought the days of spending an hour jizzing over his fixed gears worked was over.

It is. But honestly that is fucking insane. 192 miles, 25k feet of climbing.

I mean holy fuck. There are like 2 people on this forum that could do that on a road bike. And maybe Gino who doesn’t post anymore.

I actually forgot about the distance and climbing. That would’ve been way more interesting if they focused on the route.

I would think explaining fixed gear at this point is like explaining Spider-Man’s origin at this point (we know, get on with it) but this weekend I still had to try to explain the difference between braking on a fixed gear vs braking on a coaster brake.

By the time the vid was over I was like, that’s it? You skipped over the most interesting part (everything else).

They make it sound like he skad down all the mountains but I can’t imagine the tire would last more than one climb.

Support vehicle full of gatorskins

Bike racers getting asked how much their bikes are worth, how much they paid for their bikes with sponsorships and team deals, then getting asked how much better a $10k road bike is than a $1500 road bike.
[youtube]RmYHGFueteo[/youtube]

I don’t love the whole genre of “fatcat companies want to sell you expensive bikes! I just ride Walmart bikes and they’re at least as good!!” videos, but this is kind of funny.

ehhhh, that video is kinda bullshit. Look at guy #2 with the Low bike. He handled it better than anyone and shows what it takes to get a hookup. Everyone else looked ashamed to get sponsored while guy #2 is selling it. That’s the whole point of being sponsored. You get a fat fucking hookup to sell the product. It’s a transaction and anyone that thinks it isn’t is fooling themselves.

I can’t believe I’m arguing on the side of sponsors right now.

Oh sure, responses varied, it was the emotional rollercoaster of reversals when the vlogger asked if there was 8000 bucks worth of difference between a workhorse roadie and a megaaerosuperleggerocarbon “grail bike” that caught my attention.

I’m writing an article about the return of normal road bikes, and how the road bike world disappeared up its own butt when a bit of engineering’materials science and a shitpile of marketing collided. It’s making me pay attention to what mainstream road bikes are actually like these days. They are still kinda nonsense.

I get how sponsorship works, I've ridden a bike with comped parts while wearing a jersey with those parts' company logos on it.  It's what's being sold through the sponsorship that's goofy.  The Low and the Allez less so than the other bikes.

One of the old Garmin dudes is in med school here at UW, and he occasionally shows up to the local Thursday night crits, where he races a base-model 105 Allez (with his old power meter), and pretty regularly cleans up in the Pro/1/2 category. Definite example of a $1500 bike being perfectly adequate, when training and nutrition are right.

Yeah, LOW/// guy handled it really well.

the vias pro guy didn’t really seem like someone that I would like to hang out with on a regular basis

98% of the reason I don’t race regularly / don’t belong to a team (even for the sikkkk brodealz) is the awful people who are exactly like that guy

LOW guy was the top DICKIW. Vias guy seemed particularly awful and reminded me why I quit working in high end shops.