Babby, It's Cold Outside

The ski life is the good life.

[quote=TimArchyLime]My spec shoes are 45.
Fingers crossed…[/quote]
I’ll have to check, but you’re probably in luck.

Went for a ride yesterday and now I have a fever and a sore throat.

i skate skied today. it was roughly 12 degrees/12mph winds. after about 20 minutes i was soaked in sweat and stripping layers. finished up with no hat, two layers with sleeves above my elbows, and wishing i’d brought the lighter gloves.

what a ridiculous sport.

[quote=fixed]i skate skied today. it was roughly 12 degrees/12mph winds. after about 20 minutes i was soaked in sweat and stripping layers. finished up with no hat, two layers with sleeves above my elbows, and wishing i’d brought the lighter gloves.

what a ridiculous sport.[/quote]
Yes, but also so fun!

COTA does a pretty good job of grooming the hambeik trails around Bend, too. XC ski demos are so cheap, though.

I remember there was a guy in the BFSSFG forum from down there that rode all year. He was a helicopter pilot, or something awesome like that.

#1 thing that has me riding this year is fatbike tubeless. The reduced rotational weight makes the bike such an absolute joy to ride now.

NYC area still pretty barren as far as snow goes. I want to go skate ski soooo badly this weekend but my range is kind of limited. Fond memories of skating in a t-shirt last February.

Just snapped the sun visor retainer clip in the car. Too damned cold.

It was cold enough on the day that I rode in the photo I posted the other day that my fork shrunk down to about 100mm and became fully rigid.

THAT’S A BIG CASSETTE, JAMEY

It’s 60 in boulder and I’m stuck in rainyville. When I go home, high is 25 for 2 days. Damnit winter.

Denver, but I rode the first 10 miles of my commute this afternoon in a tshirt

Is there a negative air spring, too? I had a Reba where the main air volume would shrink more/faster than the negative, fork would eat itself.

Just happened on a friends Stache in Illinois.

What is protocol for this? Let bike get cold and air shock back up, sure, but do we need to bleed down before letting bike warm back up the avoid silly high pressure? I guess it wouldn’t spike high enough to blow seals.

He isn’t sure, beyond knowing he hasn’t serviced it in 2k miles (like most mtbers).
I know I went to sell my TrailFox and fucking reverb wouldn’t work in the cold. The newer one on my fat caad works just fine. Luckily dude was chill and said that happened to his past reverbs that were eventually warrantied. I will need to play the SRAM warranty lottery come Jan 2 since they rejected it for being too old (though are sending me new Guide RSCs no questions asked). Said reverb worked flawlessly for 1.5 years for me in regular temps (was 30 when showing to prospective buyer).
May order a giant 150mm dropper for cheaper than the Reverb useless service come Jan 2 when everybody lets their sites work to order shit when you want. Need this biek gone.

[quote=jamey]Went for a ride yesterday and now I have a fever and a sore throat.

[/quote]

Looks like it was worth it (just don’t die from the flu).

-18Common/3.2Freedom for me this morning on a cold ride to get some coffee. It was only a couple miles each way, but it made me briefly wish I had my bar mitts on. The Monday commute to work is gonna be even colder.

Looking forward to my first-ever negative temperature commute on Monday morning. Yahoo.