backpacks

I can’t sleep at night. My brain runs laps around itself trying to figure out new backpack designs. Every time I try to start over with new base architecture I just run into new problems. Rain can get in here. No, you can’t sew that like that. What happens when the vinyl wears out? Everything needs to be user replaceable. What is an acceptable lifespan for a bag? I want them to last forever, even when used every single day. Is this unreasonable?

I think my designs are improving, but they’re not perfect. I need perfection.

My brian hurts. Someone post pictures of kittens plz.

omghi2kitty

Dave Schalmo here says the Chrome Warsaw was the best bag ever made. Anyone ever use one?

edit - they’re discontinued i think

wrong. my blicks bag is the best bag ever made.

and no i’ve never used one, so maybe biased. but my buddy had one, way too many pockets, if there is such a thing.

Put like a million attachment points on there for bungees/straps to carry oversized loads.

I really wish I could afford a blicksbackpack right now. DO want real real bad.

I understand your need for perfection, Blicks. Won’t over-engineering products bring diminishing returns? Yes, that strap X pouch collabo will hold that bottle and a second…?

From a profitability standpoint, isn’t it even better to offer a durable product with a lifespan of… not forever? The more orders you receive for user replaceable parts, the more you’ll profit I suppose.

It’s early here so I hope I make some sense. Your products are fine and I don’t think there’s anything you should be worrying about.

“Worrying makes you look old” which was what my friend said to me when I would worry.

[quote=le petit bear]I understand your need for perfection, Blicks. Won’t over-engineering products bring diminishing returns? Yes, that strap X pouch collabo will hold that bottle and a second…?

From a profitability standpoint, isn’t it even better to offer a durable product with a lifespan of… not forever? The more orders you receive for user replaceable parts, the more you’ll profit I suppose.

It’s early here so I hope I make some sense. Your products are fine and I don’t think there’s anything you should be worrying about.

As my friend Lauren would say, “Worrying makes you age faster.”[/quote]
lol

is this the awesome backpack for ceegee? I WANTS TO SEE MOAR PICS

[quote=blickblocks]Dave Schalmo here says the Chrome Warsaw was the best bag ever made. Anyone ever use one?

edit - they’re discontinued i think[/quote]

I like this mission bag way better the the chrome warsaw… and they’re made by the guys who origianlly started chrome

having a hard time deciding if I want a blicks backpack or a mission one

compact/expand idea is ace

i don’t like the looks of the back padding though, it seems like it would hug your back making a sweat lodge

Yeah, that back padding looks like it’d be a sweat fest.

Coming from a different part of the backpack world, what am I missing by not having a cycling specific backpack?

i want the XXL backpack you made.
that thing was sweet.

also red panda

Roll tops are great, but it gets a bit old. A long flap with the option to roll it up in bad weather or just clip it closed like a regular messenger bag would be ideal, at least as far as I’m concerned.

this.

tarck discount + parts bin barter

do it

I’ll trade you some magic cards for a bag