Badass bikes that aren't yours

not sure what other skeletons you have in your closet but atmo that was probably the biggest mistake of your life.

that bike was for sure top 10 tarck bikes of all time. maybe top 5

3 Likes

Do you keep tabs on all the bikes you sell off?

1 Like

@LASER_BEIGE I don’t keep tabs, its just that this lady is in a weird semi-private forum which a dude set-up, (due to his hatred of FB), which probably mirrors tarck in more ways than you could imagine, except its roots are in pioneering MTB, not fixie.

Altho I did see my old Giant CRX turn up in a bike shop’s IG feed the other day at the local CX final. And my cousin still has my Mongoose Pro. Not sure what has happened to my Bianchi D2 Chrono with Tri-spoke. I loved that trispoke, it was a screw-on rear I converted to a front. Cost me bugger-all.

I do regret selling the Monkey, as people told me I would. It was the best, disc tabs AND canti posts. And the nasty hori-drop-outs saved my arse mid-poop-barn when I tore off my dangler once. Jo probably cant remember but I asked for first option if she ever flicked it. I better remind her ; )

15 Likes

You had me at

7 Likes

the most interesting man in the world over here.

Forgot about that bike. Nice to be reminded of it.

I still don’t understand why it was so damn fast. My theory is the sloping top-tube, and maybe large air clearance around the trispoke.

Maybe this was the inspiration for the Hope track bike

4 Likes

Man that thing is ugly. I listened to some propaganda on Cycling Tips recently on the way they are testing for aerodynamics now, using real-world measurements instead of wind-tunnels. Makes sense but its probably just more spin.

In Provincetown MA and saw the coolest bicycle in town, which another internet bike friend identified as a Fast Boy. As I understand it he used to post here so I figured I’d drop the terrible shot I took of the very cool bike still being used daily.

18 Likes

RIP Ezra. He made some cool stuff.

12 Likes

fuck yeah, pour one out.

2 Likes

IDK why but I’ve been hung up on this dude’s 20" Brompton conversions

13 Likes

That is sweet. Made me look up the weight limit on the stock Brompton and I would need to skip some beers lol

2 Likes

Same. Love the idea, don’t love the idea of snapping a seatpost and giving myself a surprise vasectomy

1 Like

And it looks like the 20" version still folds properly! That’s pretty cool. I imagine 20" wheels roll over a lot more than 16" wheels.

1 Like

We would probably be better off with this thing

5 Likes

Plus a lot more tire options

2 Likes

Oh wow, didn’t know that Ezra used to post on tarck. A friend of mine had a bike from him that was destroyed when the van that hit my friend also destroyed his hip.

3 Likes

I didn’t realize Brompton sold bag frames for their mount. That dutch guy makes head tube mounts for the Brompton mount block, and you can strap whatever bag you want to a frame: