benefits of being a bike nerd

when you are poor, you always have lots of stuff to sell. by tomorrow i will be at $150+ in cl sales for the last couple days.

My favorite is: “Hey - I saw your bike outside and thought I’d stop in.”

one time i saw another dudes bike outside my former girl’s place.

it was pretty much over.

benefits of being a bike nerd: you know how to fix your own stuff and aren’t dependent on other shops/people for help.

[quote=“room203”]one time i saw another dudes bike outside my former girl’s place.
[/quote]

Did he borrow your lube?

[quote=“room203”]one time i saw another dudes bike outside my former girl’s place.

it was pretty much over.[/quote]
which one was it??? :colbert: :colbert: :colbert:

this one?
or this one?
or this one???
or this one?!?!?!?
OR THIS ONE??!?!?!?WTF!!!

hahhah. not listed in that thread. the red peugeot one. it was very short-lived.

well dammit… im trying to keep tarck* and youre making it awfully difficult.

• i dont know if i want to use tarck for anything other than its intended use anymore…

i found another dudes baby inside my girlfriends womb.

it was pretty much over.

at least you still have bikes.

they are man’s best friend.

screw dogs.

keeping with teh topic here, i enjoy bike nerd-dom because people bring me stuff to fix and i dig fixing stuff.

^
This.
And that they pay me with beer.
And that I’m basically completely self reliant when it comes to my transportation. (unless I need more parts. Or I just feel like bullshitting with the boys at the bikeshop)

Also, I am sitting at my window as I type this and three tallbikes just rode by.
I enjoyed that.

Just like the car thread – it’s ok to talk about it, but don’t post pictures here.