Bent cylinders that exist but you wish didnt.

[quote=aerobear]

i have no idea about the quality of these wheels i just think they look silly[/quote]

I got some of those for pretty cheap and decided to sell them rather than gluing them up. I have no regrets.

i find these to be pretty handy. i leave a set on my bike in case i’m out late and forget my regular lights.[/quote]

and they dont get stolen?

Any wheelset that has non-standard spokes and weighs more than 1500 grams.

this i’m a bit unsure about. i think the 11 speed thing is kinda a ridiculous pissing match, like the whole h+son/B43 thing. but i’m not one to discourage technical advances, so whatever.

i will say though, i kinda like the hold fast straps. they seem like a nice mix of powergrips and clip/strap setups. for easy around town riding, BMX pedals can’t be beat, and hold fast straps allow you to put foot retention on them and wear giant clunky skate shoes.

those dildo bars
those veep stickers

hold fast straps actually work really well, much better than the ridiculous version you can find on a few sites

You know what my derailleur needs… a fucking servo motor babby, yeah!

i like Di2
they were selling gruppos at interbike (to certain shop employees) for like $1200. would buy for that price… if i needed a gruppo, wouldnt buy it to replace my current stuff

Then you can shift from yer iPhone.

Di2 and 11 speed

two things that i would fuck with. two things i am glad exist.

[quote=tepr]Di2 and 11 speed

two things that i would fuck with. two things i am glad exist.[/quote]

yeah

two things i wouldn’t buy now, but someday that tech stuff will trickle down to a level that i might actually purchase and use.

completely different atmo

I wish this didn’t exist, so I could just go out and get a Shimano one and not feel like it was inferior.

Yeah, fucking schmidt and their hub. The bearings issue might justify it atmo but it’s stilll soooooo expensive.

why do you hate the xx stuff?

I think you guys are just putting stuff up for the sake of putting it up now. What’s wrong with XX?

-the shifters on older Schwinns that double as a headset spacer
-Rapid Rise
-front derailleurs that default to the largest ring
-Positron
-Biopace/Ovaltech
-those Suntour rear derailleurs with the non-removable pulley wheel
-steel hubs
-loose ball bearings, as in no retainers to keep them from falling all over the shop floor
-GT rear u-brake routing
-Nottingham headsets
-Gripshift
-safety levers with plastic bushings in weird sizes that crumble with age and are impossible to replace
-any non-racing frame with insufficient clearance for fenders, brakes, and 32c tires

ever ridden it?

“hey, let’s put a thinner, lighter chain on a bike that people are gonna ride through dirt, mud, water and other debris!! i’m sure it’ll shift great once a little twig or a blade of grass gets caught in it!! and let’s charge $325 for a cassette that’s gonna wear out, $500 for a crankset, $265 for a rear der that’s gonna get smashed up against rocks, $400 for a brakeset, $300 for shifters and so on…!!! and let’s actually make it an 18 speed since you really can’t use the 2 smallest cogs in the small ring (even since we increased crossover gear stability)!!!”

completely unnecessary.
that’s why i hate it.

you hate gripshift??!!
explain that one!
sure, its a pain in the ass sometimes to replace a cable cause of the wonky routing, but it’s a good lightweight system…and it put sram on the map.