Bicycle Secrets

Requesting that picture of two skeletons, one on a bike set up with a prollyfit and its spine is all scrunched up, the other on a long and low setup with nice pelvic roll and a straight back. Anyone?

If you’re a flat-pedal nerd, you’ll like this:

[quote=Rentable Faxmachine]If you’re a flat-pedal nerd, you’ll like this:

As someone who can only use concave, yes.

[quote=Rentable Faxmachine]If you’re a flat-pedal nerd, you’ll like this:

This is so helpful. Thank you.

Yeah that’s really cool.

That’s awesome. Max, have you ever used Shimano DX flats? If you like concave you’ll like them I bet.

They’re on my bike right now! And I do love them! Hah.

Convex puts pressure on a vein malformation in my right foot. The Shimano pedals have been awesome for two years.

Are the red lines just for concave/convex reference? I’d be interested in seeing how the width compares.

However, I’m usually more interested in the overall platform size, because big feet.

Yeah red lines for concavity ref. I think the idea is that you can get a reasonable idea of platform size from mfr specs, but not of concavity nor how much the spindle/bearings protrude above the foot bed.

the spindle shoving up into the footbed is my biggest complaint with the super low profile flat pedals of late. Oh cool, I too could make a super thin pedal body but if the spindle is twice as thick what the fuck is the point.

I find that flat (i.e. not concave) pedals work best for me. It’s probably because I like to put my arch over the spindle when descending. Other people must do this, too, as OneUp’s pedals have a mild convex profile. Might be time to revisit the uber-huge Catalyst platforms.

This isn’t really a secret, but that Shimano plunger cup thing that threads onto the brake lever bleed port is the truth.

Yeah, the little oil toilet thing? I love it, it’s great liquid management, particularly compared to the awkwardness of most tire sealant injectors/hoses.

Oil toilet! I’ll never call it anything else again.

lulz
ilutarck

the addition of the plunger is amazing.

TARCKSHOOP

I was very pleased to find out that a 10 speed 11-40 Sunrace cassette works like a bought one without a THL with my old school SRAM X0 rear dangler.
I’d had it lying about without a project until my shimano cassette ass-ploded on me. I’d never come across this kind of failure before, myself.
https://instagram.fhlz2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/e4b7308358ac23e0d68281214d6d07f7/5AC6753E/t50.2886-16/29702666_561851627522152_7797566253404467444_n.mp4