Bicycle Wheel Warehouse

Will you correct your spelling then too?

Haha I am curious to find out about the spoke issue.

[quote=Cy Trivialities]that’s horrible rudy. now if only their prices werent so low that it’s hard to not look at them.

it’s about 70$ cheaper than LBS for a open pro cd / DT double butted / formula wheelset. at 280$shipped

i like my lbs though so i might have them build it anyway.[/quote]
I don’t see that combination listed. They only seem to have Open Pros laced to road hubs, and all their fixed wheels use CXP22s…

well fuck me. they changed the website along with taking down OP fixed wheels.

bww is now dead to me.

Garbage. I would’ve loved some OPs on my track bike.

they’re also charging tax now? GTFO.

bicycle wheel whorehouse

man rusty, seems like you are getting the shitty online experiences where everyone else has no problem.

thanks for taking the hits though!

bicyclewheels is the new bww

I’ve had great experiences with bicyclewheels.com.
They built the OP/formula set that’s on the Tarckasonic and those wheels have been going strong for years and I’ve never touched em with a spoke wrench.

I didnt see that Rudy posted this up here too. Here’s what I said in the Review section

[quote=crushcuddledestroy]I was trying to order a pair of Ultegra/Open Pros from them awhile ago, but I had a question that I wanted answered before I placed the order. I sent them 3 emails and called them twice, but they never got back to me. I finally said “fuck it” and started to order them. I ended up backing off and stopping the order right before I put my credit card number in because I found the same wheelset on CL for less money at the very last second.

The very next day, I get a phone call from a number that I don’t recognize. It’s some bro from BWW calling to tell me that I forgot to complete my order. We barked at each other for awhile, before he offered me 10% off of the purchase that I’m not going to make. I said thanks and hung up the phone.

This, of course, means a few things.

1 - They’re too busy to respond to emails and phone calls.
2 - They store your information, even if you don’t complete a purchase. Of course, this may be true with all websites without me knowing. They don’t even try to hide the fact that they’re doing it.
3 - They don’t have the time to respond to emails, but they have the time to call about incomplete orders.
4 - They’re generous enough to offer you 10%, but not generous enough to apologize about not getting back to you.

I can’t speak of the quality of their wheelsets, but I can totally say that I was turned off by this whole debacle. They do have good deals, but I expect more than just that when I’m buying stuff. I’d rather spend an extra 30 bucks on a $200 purchase and deal with someone who knows how to treat the customer right.[/quote]

I wholly endorse your decision to do business with people that treat you the way you like. However, I would like to point out that online retailers in the bike industry are often operating with a tiny staff. That is, there are a few dudes doing shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, and customer service. A lot of these dudes don’t have a lot of experience with time management and customer interaction. I know of at least one internet custom-built wheel guys is a one-man operation. Dude ships in the morning, works in a shop, builds wheels all day, takes orders off the Internet, answers emails in the evening.

Seriously, after reading that bww took down OP track wheelsets I immediately checked bicyclewheels to make sure they still had them.

Yep. Can’t let teh cheapasses talk you outta doin’ it right.

I wholly endorse your decision to do business with people that treat you the way you like. However, I would like to point out that online retailers in the bike industry are often operating with a tiny staff. That is, there are a few dudes doing shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, and customer service. A lot of these dudes don’t have a lot of experience with time management and customer interaction. I know of at least one internet custom-built wheel guys is a one-man operation. Dude ships in the morning, works in a shop, builds wheels all day, takes orders off the Internet, answers emails in the evening.[/quote]
ProWheelBuilder?

Yeah.

I wholly endorse your decision to do business with people that treat you the way you like. However, I would like to point out that online retailers in the bike industry are often operating with a tiny staff. That is, there are a few dudes doing shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, and customer service. A lot of these dudes don’t have a lot of experience with time management and customer interaction. I know of at least one internet custom-built wheel guys is a one-man operation. Dude ships in the morning, works in a shop, builds wheels all day, takes orders off the Internet, answers emails in the evening.[/quote]

And that’s fair, but I still found it to be a pretty big coincidence that I got the phone call the day after I decided to not follow through with my order. Especially considering that they had over a week to get back with my previous phone calls and emails and I didn’t hear a word from them.

THE SPOKES ARE BUTTED AT THE HUB END. I’M AN IDIOT.

I bought some butted dt spokes from the lbs, and kinda the same thing happened- half were butted and half were double butted. I was convinced the single butted ones were straight gauge.

teh spokes had pancake ass… butt too subtle.