Bike blerg thread

damn, rawland is finally making something that’s actually capable of hucking 5’ drops!

13 Likes

RIP.

Hopefully that means their local facilities will stay open, unlike what happened with Reynolds after being acquired by Hayes.

private equity

wouldn’t get your hopes up

The new owner looks like some sort of pharma bro. At least the owner is in the same state? :confused_cowboy:

Bike and sporting goods profit margins will never meet the expectations of PE, odd how our keeps repeating. But it’s probably some finance bro saying “i can fix her [the bicycling industry]”

1 Like

except that high-end/boutique stuff is maybe actually selling and that’s where Enve plays? cf Colnago: https://www.bicycleretailer.com/industry-news/2024/04/23/colnagos-sales-growth-continues-2023

Yeah but it’s a very crowded space. Tons of boutique brands at that level

The new enve owner apparently lives 20 minutes away, owns two of their bikes and whose son had a summer job building wheels there. This might actually be a good thing.

11 Likes

This seems relevant to Tarck’s interests:

3 Likes

I will never understand this new ‘rusted’ look. Like, guaranteeing your frame fails in a few years so you can live the libertarian dream of being one of the winners when the world turns to shit Mad Max style?

“Life is too short to ride shit bikes”, so let’s get that oxidation train going now so we can move onto the next Surly frame.

4 Likes

Forced rust is lame atmo

Strip it and let nature slowly run its course over the following months as you ride it

2 Likes
2 Likes

Huzzah!

15 Likes

they pulled the rug right out from under @BicyclePears’ feet

7 Likes

20 Likes

Boost that post

2 Likes

Damn they didn’t offer a BOGO?

2 Likes

Well, that happened way faster than I expected. I hard heard they they had turned down the buyback once already but I guess the deal got better.