Bike Christmas!

So over the last six months in Egypt a lot of new bike loot has built up back home. I’m going back in two weeks, but this is going to be a rad two weeks.

Not pictured is the RB 021 and Pearl combo from DH, which I might resell (any interest?) and the other fork for the Serotta.

List of new shit:

Nitto RB 021 and Pearl

Catlike Kompact Pro

Tommasini Air CX TT frame, with 105 RD, FD, cranks (with a Sugino drillium outer ring), and brakes, DA headset and levers, San Marco saddle, look pedals, ITM stem, 3TTT bullhorns and some aero clip ons

Gipiemme cranks from Rusty

$20 Concor Max from my LBS

Serotta Colorado CRL. The paint is a gorgeous black to plum fade with metal flake. Sale included a steel fork and a color matched carbon fork, which is on there now.

I will take more and better pics later.

I hate you so much.

Slightly better picture of the paint. Shows the fade but not the sparkle.

Your buddy’s been unwrapping your shit as it comes in? Did you ask him to?

pretty sure he meant back to egypt in 2 weeks, therefore he is currently in the states.

p.s. i hate you.

that serotta looks awesome, i’ve never seen any of their steel frames. all the ones i’ve ever seen have been kinesis made AL. stuff looks great though!

I have a soft spot for Serottas, even if, as Bike Snob says, they’re largely the domain of dentists and lawyers (which is totally true, BTW).

I have a bunch of Serotta handlebar end-caps if you’re interested. I’ll trade them for that Catlike.

Oh I really hate you.

pretty sure he meant back to egypt in 2 weeks, therefore he is currently in the states.[/quote]

This is correct.

[quote=“bonechilling”]I have a soft spot for Serottas, even if, as Bike Snob says, they’re largely the domain of dentists and lawyers (which is totally true, BTW).

I have a bunch of Serotta handlebar end-caps if you’re interested. I’ll trade them for that Catlike.[/quote]

I am interested in those bar end caps. I will pm you.

I want to get the Serotta up and running this week, so I am going to do a hasty and budget friendly build that will get upgrayedded when I get back for good. But for now, I am going to plunder the Tommasini for all the 105 and Dura Ace stuff, throw on some Cinelli Criterium bars (I was thinking gold tape to make the decals pop) and the fellow who sold it to me said he will get his boss to hook me up on some Aksiums. Not ideal for that bike, but I want to ride it so hard.

just get a set of ebay veeps and grind off the shifter bosses! you’ll be up and running in no time.

IMHO, skip the aksiums and get some ultegras laced to open pros if you’re looking for a budget wheelset.

have fun w/ the serotta. i really enjoyed mine and was reconnected with it recently when i bought a wheelset from the guy who brought the frame from me a few years ago. :slight_smile:

[quote=“bonechilling”]I have a soft spot for Serottas, even if, as Bike Snob says, they’re largely the domain of dentists and lawyers (which is totally true, BTW).

I have a bunch of Serotta handlebar end-caps if you’re interested. I’ll trade them for that Catlike.[/quote]

yeah. i think it’s the newer stuff. those doc’s and lawyers don’t give a shit about the old steel bikes.
just read a little bit on the serotta forums, it’s pretty bad.

That’s a lot of cool shit. I love the Catlike especially.

What kind of brakes are on the TT frame? They look exactly like the 600s I have on my road bike.

When are you moving back for good, johnny? and where?

drooooooool…

Kompact Pro is more low-profile than a Giro Ionos? True or false.

I’d call that a false. My friend just got a Lazer Genesis (most 80’s helmet name ever):

Aside from being pretty rad looking, it is the most comfortable helmet I’ve ever worn. It has a little wheel on top that you dial to tighten or loosen it, and it just cradles your head perfectly.

Just got the other Serotta fork. One picture makes it look blue, but it is actually deep purple with small metal flake.