Bike Corner pt. 2

i wish i could work on bikes in the house :(. but we got carpet everywhere and brosef isnt into gettin grease etc on the carpet :(.

Mine is rather modest:

I’m a pretty organized person, so that’s about what it looks like unless I’m working on one of them. It spans over my living room and bedroom, the closet to the left of the frame also contains about two other wheelsets, and few forks, random other tires and such, a “parts” box, and a “everyday bike stuff” box and such.

^you say modest, I say classy

[quote=oogens]goddamn, here i thought i was bad for having 3 bikes :colbert:

makes me think i can totally justify buying that pinarello just for when one of mine breaks/gets stolen/my balls drop[/quote]
Exactly. People give me crap for having 4 (pretty diff bikes at that, BMX, Pista, Old Roadie, Old roadie fixed conversion).
Mine aren’t all hanging together nicely though, so no pic.

[quote=littlebear]track bike corner

[/quote]

If you give me one of them mini U’s, I’ll give you a bunch of little velcro straps for keeping those front wheels hanging straight.

I can basically do everything but facing and chasing a frame, but I do have access to those tools at work. I have been a bike flipper for a few years and that is why there are some many parts, frames, and bikes around. It probably doesn’t hurt that my bike collection is now at 14 rides.

I don’t have a bike problem. I swear I can stop at any time. N+1

[quote=bigmatt]

I don’t have a bike problem. I swear I can stop at any time. N+1[/quote]

c’mon man the first step is admitting your powerless over bike(s, bike parts)

I need to do N -2 at the moment.

i call this situation two vacancies

Bike problem + space problem = living room full of unassorted bike stuff

[quote=crushkilldestroy][quote=littlebear]track bike corner

[/quote]

If you give me one of them mini U’s, I’ll give you a bunch of little velcro straps for keeping those front wheels hanging straight.[/quote]
haha, we had some at the old house, i don’t know where they are. plus, according to nate, we need like 45 locks to lock up our bikes in san francisco. he once told me i needed 2 locks, a lock for my saddle and a chain. i said i would never ride again if i had to carry 40 pounds of locks with me everywhere.

All the parts on that desk are to build up that pink mixte frame. Still waiting on a stem and itll be ready to go. It is the GF’s XMAS present.

not much… but here is my corner

these are my steel handlebars after an encounter with an SUV

i dont’ have biek corner no more…well two walls that bikes lean on.
most all extra parts sold off. except some old campy brakes, a few extra old campy cranks/rings/pedals. some extra cinelli stems and some extra cinelli bars, some BB parts. one extra frame sitting around coz fork needs some attention i haven’t offered it yet. some extra tubular rims with tires on them.
the track bike. i been thinking maybe i part out. nevar ride. maybe build extra road frame up into proper fixed gear for rides…not the freestyles.

[quote=lwkwafi]This was when i first set up my new apt (thus the cleanest it ever will be).
[/quote]

are those original Jay Ryan pieces, or just posters? if yes, how did you get htem?

They are screen prints of his. A lot of his I have gotten through The Bird Machine, but I picked up the Midwest poster from him at Pitchfork/Flatstock in Chicago this summer. I have met him a couple of times (U of I, and pitchfork), and was appreciative of may tatooes, which are of Squirrels Taking Risks. He even took a pic of them.

Now that I am back here, this pic really makes me want to clean up. Bad.