Bike Products Which Exist, But Which One Wishes Did Not

If it’s the World’s ONLY, it must be a great idea!

8 Likes

patented
PATENTED
patented

saying it thrice just adds more patent oomph

10 Likes

I can’t help but read that in the powerthirst voice

thats just the new paul dropper.

6 Likes

person walking to bike rack with armfuls of saddles and locks trips and drops everything, u-locks dance across the pavement

IF ONLY THERE WAS A BETTER WAY

7 Likes

Nah, that’d be a half bong hite rite.

2 Likes

Focus group narrowly picked that name over Seaty McLockface.

4 Likes

Aliexpress store popped up recently with counterfeit items, posting b/c these are items I’ve not seen counterfeits previously.

• Paul Klamper short/long pull IS/FM
  • Paul Mini-Moto
  • Redshift Seatpost/Stem
  • Fillmore valves
  • Dynaplug pill and racer
  • Silca T-Ratchet and Ti-Torque Kit
  • Avid Shorty Canti Brakes

No actual pictures of most items yet - But from the couple posted in the reviews - The Fillmore valves look visually identical, the dynaplugs look the same but the plugs are low-quality and the plug tips have fallen off in the bag.

For the others, it’s entirely possible they look exactly the same as the real deal or only minor internal differences. Buy from trusted suppliers - Amazon/eBay/FB Marketplace definitely out for this stuff - the products are already in USA supply by the time they hit Aliexpress resellers.

Possible to find genuine Avid brakes on Aliexpress, but not from a seller with all their other listings as counterfeit goods.

3 Likes

US $40.50 10% Off | New components klamper disc brake caliper

1 Like

Oh wow found this

US $418.45 36% Off | 12Speed Electronic Rear Derailleur Bike Groupset GX Eagle Upgrade Kit Battery Controller Wireless Drivetrain For SRA M 12V Parts

1 Like

Interesting. I didn’t post a link b/c Aliexpress does not show all users the same listings and some users are not able to see products that other users can see. So I wanted to see what others could find.

I wasn’t able to see the store or listing in your link searching for any of the keywords. Now that I’ve seen the item it shows up.

1 Like

“Klamper”

at the $365 that originally surfaced online at it is kinda tempting. lets you do 7-12 (or maybe 13) speeds.

actual GX eggle is cheaper right now

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/sram-gx-eagle-axs-upgrade-kit

2 Likes

Looks like we’ll be getting cheap 0 stem option soon too. Figures the first iteration would be essentially useless.

theres the LD, the Happy To See You, and now- the If Longer Than Four Hours

16 Likes

That’s the Priapism.

4 Likes

I already got one of these GANOPPER stems for a project

instead of supporting the vermont bike-unfitting machine

(real creative naming on their part huh)

10 Likes

ah, the penile fracture has entered the marketplace

3 Likes

Love the cutouts, 3ttt style. Saving grams whilst reaching for the sky…

1 Like

Could be Peyronie’s disease

3 Likes