Bike Storage

it’s ballin out of control

it’s ballin out of control[/quote]

I’m jealous and I get to use an apartment basement in NYC.

[quote=johnnyraja]Screw 2x4 to wall, screw hooks into 2x4, voila:

[/quote]

I have the same as Snowman, but can’t use it as my basement ceilings are hella low, and not much room to put many hooks. Need to work on a more organized setup soon. But, it is a basement that is mostly bikes, speaker repair, and laundry, so I am not too worried.

Admittedly I have more space than some.

it’s ballin out of control[/quote]

I’m jealous and I get to use an apartment basement in NYC.[/quote]

tried to replicate- just fyi ikea discontinued the LACK series without a direct replacement.

I had this, and also a setup with hooks hung from my ceiling. I am surprised I don’t have a photo of that setup because I had a SUPER tiny apartment and 6 bikes.

It also helped that I had a lofted bed, which saved space. But then again, I had a lofted bed.

We have a small bike room with tall ceilings:

Roundabout and I finally go around to hanging some hooks. Commuters and hardtails on the wall. DH bikes against the wall and carpetfiber bikes up in the rooms.

Why is there a knife under our coffee table?

Shhh… Bruno didn’t wash his dishes

[quote=Rojoleon]We have a small bike room with tall ceilings:

[/quote]
I’m into this circus.

Finally did some organizing in the garage, I’m about 80% done. I was surprised to discover the stud spacing was almost exactly the width of most of my drop bars.
Not shown in this photo above the bikes is a big piece of rebar attached to the rafters that holds all my tires and wheels (which I need to sell most of). Late last night I made some crazy Rube Goldberg machine out of nylon rope, eye hooks and S-hooks that lowers the rebar & wheels down. It doesn’t work perfect and really hard to lift but I was just tickled with repurposing one of these as a sort of dock cleat tie-off point for the rope.

Making progress with organizing the garage! Blue milk crate holds spare tubes and gloves by Andrew_Squirrel, on Flickr

Finally some room to move around! #GarageOrganization by Andrew_Squirrel, on Flickr

Next up is cleaning the gigantic work bench.

I see you have a wonderful n+1 situation.

I’m embarrassed to say there are 3 bikes missing from the lower photo :frowning:
yet somehow I have zero mountain bikes.
I need to cull the herd.

note: two of the bikes in the photo are owned by sup

With the recent sell off and acquisition of the rawland, I finally own more bikes+frames than my wife. I have 4, 2 of which work. I understand the problem. Bikes are a wonderful thing to collect.

That looks very well done. Some nice touches like hanging the bikes just far enough the ground not to foul the fenders.

Makes me realize how much more I like riding than collecting. Owning that many, to my eyes, similar bikes made of the same material takes a completely different mindset than I’m capable of. What’s hard is I’d ride fucks out of any one of them.

lost me on the last sentence

[quote=rando]That looks very well done. Some nice touches like hanging the bikes just far enough the ground not to foul the fenders.
[/quote]

Thanks, it was primarily a compromise based upon the height of my partner, the mud-flapped bikes don’t go up as easy as the ones with just fenders. I really wanted to mount a long plank of wood at 45 degree angle so the hook could be perpendicular to the tangent. As it stands it looks like the hooks could pull out from the angle of the load.

[quote=rando]
Owning that many, to my eyes, similar bikes made of the same material takes a completely different mindset than I’m capable of. [/quote]
I’m not very happy about that either, having 4 very similar steel bikes with fenders & dynamo lights was an oversight on my part.
Although… having similar bikes with slight differences in geometry has led to some geometry & tubing specific insights I’d only previously read about on the internet but could now experience IRL by riding the bikes back to back.

Imoscardotcom, I can’t hate because I would take all of those bikes. Despite not being able to ride them all enough to justify owning them.