bikes bought in the last 12mos

shwinn frame made into ss. now fixed with cross tires for cross practice

torelli. bought as ss. now has 9 spd campy veloce that’s starting to go bad

masi cross

I think I’ve only bought one bike in the last 12 months- Cannondale CAAD4 with 9 speed DA.
Honorable mention goes to the Peugeot UO-8 (or 18?) touring mixte that has since been stolen by me lady. It was too short for me, but I couldn’t let a cheap well-maintained mixtepass.

Gios, ya heard.

fuji track
miyata
centurion mixte (well nate bought it for me)

I built up my co-motion robusta.
Got my nishiki touring bike
Bought my trek 1000 w/ full ultegra
traded the co-motion for my ellsworth.

Overall I paid less than 1800 dollars through the ownership of all those bikes, 3 of which I still own.

Creamroller
Fuji
Cannondale MTB
KHS MTB
Xtracycle kit + Marin
Haro TAF polo bike
Nishiki from DDYTDY, sold to Kyle!

I didnt know you had an extracycle jim.

i’ve only been through a few in the last 12 months:

no name 80’s TT frame. pretty goofy bike, never figured out who made it. 24" front wheel, no dt shifter bosses. sold on ebay to some fixter in LA for like $200. i think i paid $50 for it.

cannondale CAAD4: bought for $150 complete. sora stuffs and cxp33’s.

80’s raleigh usa team frameset. just bought from scrub, its about finished. i just threw on an odd mixture of campy and shimano parts i had lying around.

Motobecane phantom cross uno: raced/ road on local singletrack.

Caad9: Race bike of choice… built w/ campy centaur

Cannondale Slice: Sexy TT bike, I suck at tt’s and didn’t ride it much until july/aug.

Cannondale Capo: got to race track, track isnt open so my gf is riding it.

Cannondale cx9: building as we speak.

next up is probably a motobecane mtb… or a dirtjump bike…

um, i have to limit my bicycles and bicycle accessories to one room. self imposed limit…and a limit i place on ej as well…(ok as i glance around i do see some leakage into this room too…mostly items destined for ebay though) but yeah, just one bike for me this year and i already had the frame & fork so that probably doesn’t even count. but it does because i love it and am very happy to have a road bike again. panasonic love.

there might be room for another bike and i am down one bike from ej’s count of five complete bikes, but i dunno, i can’t go all crazy like ya’ll. four bikes for four distinct purposes seems adequate at the moment.

In the last 12 months I have bought:

Lemond Reno roadbike

Haro Mary SS 29er (by far the funnest bike I own)
It’s out of commision right now because the freehub is free in both directions. I’m going to get a bolt on cog for that wheel to use in the snow and buy a better freehub wheel.

Giant TCR C3 - bought October '08 sold March '09 “hated it” (can I get a Z snap?)

Lemond Zurich ('02) - bought March '09 and will probably keep for a while because it’s nice

Alien - bought May '09 and will keep till it’s stolen/destroyed/whatever

No more bike purchases planned for the near future, though I think I do need to sell my Cross Check (as much as I love it) because I just don’t ride it anymore :frowning:

Thinking I might buy an il pompino in the next couple weeks.
I feel the urge to ride mild single track/cross/winter time with studded tirez

Yep. I love it so much. But I don’t think I’ve ever posted a picture of it. Won’t be for a while either, until I get a new camera.

'87 cannondale frame, moved parts ove rfrom the raleigh I sold to sausage wallet

hopefully about to sell off kilo tt and all tarck parts to build up a motobecane phantom cross frame

I saw this on velospaz the other day and realized:
a. people outside of tarck use the word tarck
b. people outside of tarck use tarck as fuck
c. wth
d. tarck is not all that tarck anymore, wrt the above quote and similar sentiments floating about

People definitely use the word “tarck” outside of the board, but I believe it was coined on the SSFG forum by shants, so we can effectively stake claim to it via our involvement there.

1987 Rossin Record, Columbus SL. Put 9s Veloce on it. I need to get a new picture of it with the new wheelz.

[quote=sneaky viking][
d. tarck is not all that tarck anymore, wrt the above quote and similar sentiments floating about[/quote]

This is the way I see it:

fixed got me riding a bike again, I felt the limitations so I bought a road bike, I’m feeling some limitations that can be corrected by a cross bike and I’m sure the cross bike will lead to a mountain bike!

But I am that guy, Kilo TT followed by '87 cannondale to be followed by cross bike!