Biological Parts Cleaner

I would like info on what, and from where, I can get enzymes/catalysts or bacteria that will break down hydrocarbons in to stuff I can pour down the drain, or in to gasses so I don’t need to pour anything.

I would like a solution where I can place my dirty rags/filthy parts, and then hours later take them out and flush with water and soap.

does that stuff exist for commercial sale? i know they’ve been trying to develop a bacteria that will consume oil to clean up oil spills but i’m not sure anything is available to the public. unless you work for a lab and have access to a aldrich or something.

citrus degreaser is the most eco-friendly option i can think of, but of course that only dissolves hydrocarbons.

Yeah, solvents are not the problem, getting rid of them is. Even with the citrus stuff, there is oil saturated (correct word?) in it, so I can’t dump it down the drain.

I know you can generally reuse solvents after cleaning them, but I don’t have space for a filter system, or a storing system.

\maybe i;m dutrnk fooofnihhry hhpmeis…lllllllllllll she’s leabinf foodighte…

^^drunk forum posts are never the best idea.

this kid musta been twasted.

doesn’t oxy clean take grease out? if you let it soak in a buucket? billy mays yells at me about this shit every morning.

[quote]Over 30 years ago, concentrated Simple Green® All-Purpose Cleaner was formulated for the industrial marketplace…but it kept finding its way back home! Customer satisfaction, loyalty and demand have since put the Simple Green “family” of popular convenient sizes in retail stores nationwide! The makers of Simple Green have spent over $3 million to verify the safety claims and unique formulation. Concentrated Simple Green had it right from the start. An environmentally-sensitive non-toxic cleaner/degreaser that really works and can be economically custom-diluted for many, many different uses. From floors and walls to pots and pans, from windows to sinks and drains, from stained carpets to greasy tools, it only takes a little Simple Green to get big jobs done around the house.

Simple Green is one of the most versatile all-purpose cleaners you can buy! It’s non-toxic and biodegradable, without harmful bleach. Because it is a concentrate, you can custom dilute Simple Green to clean just about anything dirty. It replaces most cleaners, detergents, degreasers and laundry pre-soaks you’re using now!

Discover the value and power of Simple Green. And your green will go a lot further too.[/quote]

I would like something in a dehydrated form, so I can have it shipped to my house, I won’t want to pay shipping for water.

You can buy simple green in a grocery store.

did anyone else read something very different into “biological parts”?

You can buy simple green in a grocery store.[/quote]

I cant.

And simple green isn’t exactly what I am looking for.

i use dr. bonner’s.

With all these ecological freaks riding tarck bikes I was expecting a stronger response. Do you mechanics not clean yer parts?

i use dr. bonner’s.[/quote]
i use dr boner’s

i use dr boner’s[/quote]

i use my dr.'s boner

i use dr boner’s[/quote]

i use my dr.'s boner[/quote]
drunk solbro woke up the family, thanks :colbert:

:stuck_out_tongue:

im drnk too

o babby u kno how i liek dat