BOXXXX

More boxx like or more in the middle of Aero and box(open pro)? Wider or narrower? Cnc or before the days of cnc?
The question essentially is, do I cater to the more performance guys or the more restoration guys? Or maybe meet in the middle of both?
Welded joint no doubt.

box, narrow-ish, go ahead and cnc
this should be some sort of poll.

Tubular!

meet both

a lot of people like the classic look but also has performance

these with a front dyno hub and a phil rear I am boners already.

Def wider. 25s are more PRO than 23s.

Hard anodized with a shallow profile like the old Wolber, Matrix, etc… Make em’ light. Offer in 24, 28 tubular and 32 (and maybe 28) clincher.

I’ve never used rims with a ceramic braking surface, but maybe that would appeal to the cross crowd?

These would have a pretty broad appeal atmo.

[quote=moonbear]Hard anodized with a shallow profile like the old Wolber, Matrix, etc… Make em’ light. Offer in 24, 28 tubular and 32 (and maybe 28) clincher.

I’ve never used rims with a ceramic braking surface, but maybe that would appeal to the cross crowd?

These would have a pretty broad appeal atmo.[/quote]

This for real. Only do 28 and 32 clincher, with 24 and 28 tubular. If these resemble anything affordable, I’ll buy.

What ^those guys said.

that wolber there actually looks closer to the height of around 25mm. Which would be ok for low spoke count wheels.

want high spoke count

Want both. 28’s on road, 32’s on daily.

something like a gp-4 but clincher. black would be rad too.

In terms of width, they definitely need to be cross tire friendly, so not too narrow.

The main applications I see would be retro road, cross, and rough stuff race wheels. If you can make them light but burly enough for a Roubaix-like application that would be the ultimate win.

[list=1]
[]find Protour team without wheel sponsor
[
]get friendly with their mechanics
[]send them free rims for them to build up and train on/abuse
[
]end up with your rims on Roubaix bikes
[]win race
[
]profit
[/list]

I was just going to say this. I have gp4 but tubbies and don’t want to commute on them

[quote=moonbear][list=1]
[
[
[]win race
[
]profit
[/list][/quote]
Nothing beats the Ambrosio Nemesis in Roubaix.

22 or 23mm wide from flange to flange, new hotness! like c2 heds.

[quote=Mr. Bear][quote=moonbear][list=1]
[
[
[]win race
[
]profit
[/list][/quote]
Nothing beats the Ambrosio Nemesis in Roubaix.[/quote]

Total daydream scenario I realize. You’re absolutely right. Pretty much any team not rolling on carbon rims (either because of sponsorship obligations or because the aero benefits seem to outweigh the potential risks) are gonna go with what they know. Any rim that’s going to compete is going to have to be proven to be indisputably better, and considering the ultimate goal is to sell these to consumers the compromises involved to meet a weight or price point may be too great.

This.

Everyone has plenty of options with Open Pro-like rims. The new hot shit is slightly wider rims - and it means being able to market for touring and cross as well as road and commuting/fixed/fashion/whatever.