Brake Pads

I use whatever is cheapest and most readily available but recently starting to think I should put some more thought into my braking power.

What does everyone here use for pads?

I use the Kool-Stops Shimano insert pads on my road bike, Kool Stops Salmons on my cross, and Kool-Stops on my touring bike too. Now that I think about it, I have Kool-Stops on all my bikes!

What’s a brake?

It’s this awesome new invention that allows you to stop just by pulling a lever instead of screwing up your knees! Jk though I have no problem with people who ride brakeless.

I, too, am curious about new brake pads. I guess Kool Stops are the peoples’ choice.

Kool Stop Salmon FTW! Got them on all of the nondisc bikes.

Non of the LBS’s stock them though so I get them at Harris.

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/brakeshoes.html

the shimano knockoff holders&pads sold under the “giant” name stop way way better than koolstops, but wear out much faster.

in the winter, i was replacing brake pads weekly, and once 2x in one week because it was a rather hellish week.

[quote=“biekridder”]the shimano knockoff holders&pads sold under the “giant” name stop way way better than koolstops, but wear out much faster.

in the winter, i was replacing brake pads weekly, and once 2x in one week because it was a rather hellish week.[/quote]

That ridiculous. How much better stopping are we talking here?

Kool Stop Salmon canti pads usually last me a good 9 months of daily riding.

kotex

hahahaha :bear:

Kool Stops are liked by all :slight_smile: