brakeless bmx opinions?

Is there still that jackass riding a brakeless mtb around downtown?[/quote]
Not that I’ve seen, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not there anymore.

it’s a 9 tooth in the back so it’s almost the same as a “average” 44 tooth - 16 tooth BMX bike.

Most of the time, i’m going to fast to pedal anyways.
I miss riding the Vans vert ramp. That’s really fast.

When i rode bmx i was brakeless, it definitely does give you more confidence to do a trick bc you dont have the brake there to stop you. The only time it sucked was when we would ride spot to spot and have to bomb hills. Right before i quit i did put brakes on and realized how awesome banks really are.

sorta the same here lately (san diego). i have no clue how people climb some of the hills they do with such a low ratio.

not really. if you know how microgearing works, you can do the math. most people are running either 25/9 or 28/10.

Primo makes 8 tooth Cassette wheels now too, so you can go even smaller than that now.
And Profile redesigned their cranks to accomodate the even smaller sprockets.

and the whole brakeless BMX thing is really trendy now.

the kids who go to high school in my college town love brakeless bmx, and last semester i saw a kid fuck himself up bombing a hill with no brakes.

i can understand it if you’re shredding and tearing shit up and don’t want a brake to mess up your flow, but come on… it’s just as bad as kids riding brakeless fixed with no foot retention. idiots.