Buy Sheldons stuff...

Financially it would be tough to get a museum together, but if we all purchased say one item, and held onto it, I think that would be pretty cool. I’m going to keep an eye on the Boston craigslist.

[quote=“houdini logic”]I hope someone has at least saved everything on the site. you know just incase it crashes or something?
Honestly, Sheldon got me riding tarck bikes instead of gaered bikes.

THE MAN DESERVES A MUSEUM[/quote]

Funny, Sheldon’s helped me with geared bikes more than he has with fixed bikes.

It would certainly be nice to get all of this stuff together in a museum or something, but who in the hell would fund it? I can imagine that you could get donations from quite a few people, but rent+utilities+upkeep on a spot wouldn’t be cheap. You could theoretically apply for a grant, most likely in his hometown. But it may be hard convincing them to hand it over, especially for a guy that isn’t really known outside of the cycling community.

It would probably be easier to get some of his stuff thrown into an already existing cycling museum of sorts, but I wouldn’t know where to go for that either.

[quote=“crushkilldestroy”]
It would probably be easier to get some of his stuff thrown into an already existing cycling museum of sorts, but I wouldn’t know where to go for that either.[/quote]

+1

[quote=“crushkilldestroy”]
It would probably be easier to get some of his stuff thrown into an already existing cycling museum of sorts, but I wouldn’t know where to go for that either.[/quote]

I believe if I recall supervillain correctly there is a cycling museum in Madison, WI.

This is the first thing I thought of. I’m already imagining it-

“Frame is SHELDON BROWN’s raleigh internaitonal. The root beer finsh looks AWSOME wiht the wood DEEP-V’s. Waiting for the next auction so i can get me a brooks swalow that SHELDON BROWN himself sat on!!!”

I have pretty much the exact opposite taste in bikes as Sheldon did. I bet he has some cool rare shit, though. Didn’t he say he had a box of NOS Sturmy 3sp fixed hubs?

Hmm… I’ll keep my eye on C-list.

Nothing up yet, but I suppose the OP indicated this was just the beginning (if its for real).

Out of curiosity, did he live in Newton?

It’ll make it easier to note them when they go up if I know what city/town I’m looking for.

I’m guessing he did, seeing my mother knew who he was (in the general sense), but maybe it was from being written up in the local news or something…

Of course. I brought the idea up here a few months ago and a couple of people made backups, including me. Good for when the site goes down or you have no internet access.
It’s simple. Download wget, open a command line window via start menu/run/cmd navigate to the folder where wget is and type wget -m www.sheldonbrown.com
(I think com is where all the tech articles are, right?)

[quote=“tiny”]Nothing up yet, but I suppose the OP indicated this was just the beginning (if its for real).

Out of curiosity, did he live in Newton?

It’ll make it easier to note them when they go up if I know what city/town I’m looking for.

I’m guessing he did, seeing my mother knew who he was (in the general sense), but maybe it was from being written up in the local news or something…[/quote]
i believe he did. he worked in newton, at least, so i can’t imagine he lived too far away.

Would Sheldon really want his stuff kept behind glass as museum pieces, though? He seemed like a way too practical fellow for that. I would think he would want it out in the world and being used.