CAT6 Forever

I just ride up alongside, and then tug on their bars and give 'em a shove so they correct into the ditch. Works every time.

(sarcasm I only ever see roadkill and high speed terrifying passes from cars on my rides. It would be nice to see another cyclist sometimes.)

I had the 0.1mph faster/slower deal with two guys on the way home. We all collected together at a light like hair in a drain and then couldn’t get untangled from each other.

Probably should have just chilled and started a convo with the cooler looking one, but an uphill intersection finally separated us three different ways.

I Cat6’ed an owl a couple days ago and paid the ultimate price.

I was just riding along at maybe 15 miles an hour and an owl flew out of the trees and flew directly in front of me. Instead of veering off, he just casually flew in front of me for like 15 seconds. I was like that is a huge owl and this is a pretty magical moment. Then he pooped on my chin and neck.

[youtube]NnP5iDKwuwk[/youtube]

[youtube]GojN2lPum0Y[/youtube]

[quote=Recumbentist]I Cat6’ed an owl a couple days ago and paid the ultimate price.

I was just riding along at maybe 15 miles an hour and an owl flew out of the trees and flew directly in front of me. Instead of veering off, he just casually flew in front of me for like 15 seconds. I was like that is a huge owl and this is a pretty magical moment. Then he pooped on my chin and neck.[/quote]

This story is fantastic

indeed, A+

So my work got me a 15" laptop. It won’t fit in my handlebar bag. What are some good options for a laptop pannier that would fit onto a tubus tara?

I used an ortleib rear roll top and a good case for the computer, but 15" laptops are huge.

You’re probably gonna need to dick around with several bags until you find the right one.

Wife used an Ortlieb Commuter-Bag Urban (such a dumb name) to haul her laptop to work and back on a rear rack, but should work fine up front.

I’ve been using one of these things daily for like five years and it’s 100% awesome. Never had a leak or anything. The only issue I’ve had is that the buckles for the rolltop shattered in extreme cold, but I can’t really fault the bag for that.

Would/will buy again when mine finally dies in another five or so years.

I think I just bought one of those from wesbarf. Sweet.

[quote=jr][quote=Recumbentist]I Cat6’ed an owl a couple days ago and paid the ultimate price.

I was just riding along at maybe 15 miles an hour and an owl flew out of the trees and flew directly in front of me. Instead of veering off, he just casually flew in front of me for like 15 seconds. I was like that is a huge owl and this is a pretty magical moment. Then he pooped on my chin and neck.[/quote]

This story is fantastic[/quote]

On my ride home yesterday I got hit in the shoulder by a fucking bird!

Big bird or little bird?

I got a dragonfly to the face last week during a fast descent. So glad my mouth was closed.

bees or flies in the helmet lately. glad i usually wear a cycling cap

In reason 2474 why i will never be cool, this week i noticed a new to me kind of cat 6 win, where you check strava to see whether in addition to beating them, you also had fewer strava prs. The ideal, ice burn is when your strava is just totally silent but theirs is lit up. But any imbalance is a win.

BTWD is tomorrow. Cat-6’s gonna Cat-6.

I thought that shit was back in May?

[quote=Andrew_Squirrel]Big bird or little bird?

I got a dragonfly to the face last week during a fast descent. So glad my mouth was closed.[/quote]
I’m pretty sure it was a pigeon.

It’s much later here in CO. Forecast is calling for temps in the upper 90s. No rain, though.