color matching

am i the only one that thinks there should be a universally accepted color chart for bike parts?
if i buy pink velocity’s, i want my oury’s and my kmc chain and my cateye toe clips all to be the same fucking color.
is that so fucking hard people??!!

…apparently so. :colbert:

You mean like Pantone color palette numbers for each part? Do it up weighweenies style.

unneccesary…

no, i just think bike companies in general should get together and match there pinks and greens and blues and all other tarcky colors together so you don’t end up with 8 different shades of lime green on your bike.

dig?

:colbert:

no, i just think bike companies in general should get together and match there pinks and greens and blues and all other tarcky colors together so you don’t end up with 8 different shades of lime green on your bike.

dig?[/quote]

color theory

don’t put 8 different parts of the same color on your bike

but if companies like “oury” and “velocity” and “kmc” and “fizik” are all gonna make shit in lime green, and it’s all going on a bike, wouldn’t it make sense to make them all the same hue of lime green?!

i need a picture of my bike for this thread

we’re waiting…

Yes! They could all collaborate on an industry web site.

No more “Where can I find X color Y” threads. Just go to makemytarckbikepretty.com and get the scoop.

oh you mean a same exact shade of pink

like how sugino cranks and velocity in blue will be two shades of blue

precisely!!

dig?[/quote]

color theory

don’t put 8 different parts of the same color on your bike[/quote]

i’d trust blickblocks on this one.

They won’t do it on their own. Make a chart with Pantone color palette numbers and send it to them.

That is what you get for going all tark and shit on your bikes you fucking fixter hipster deepv barspinnerz fucking fuck. You’ll get nothing and like it.

silver and black are pretty consistent

whawhawha…thats what you get for putting a bunch of ugly shit on your bike.

I try to explain this to people in the shop. When you buy two things that are orange, but they are different hues of orange, they look bad together.

Really, the answer is stop colour matching.

with powdercoating it may be easy to do this, nut when anodizing metal its rarely ever exactly the same because of varying weights thicknesses, etc. also, rubber grips will never look exactly like a powder coat or anodization, especially after a lot of use. i guess either buy all your components from the same company, paint/ anodize them yourself, or stop being such a pussy. and do people still not realize that kmc chains suck and are not worth it just because they might match your ourys?

i put red bar tape on my DeBernardi this AM because it was all i had. i’m sorry. :frowning: