ColoRADo

Anybody want this?

90s Specialized Allez dirt road special (pre-gribble grunders)

56 c-c frame, 56 TT
650A wheels (Sun Cr-18s with Schwalbe Marathons and 7spd hubs)
Tektro long reach brakes

I was going to throw it on Craigslist but it’s free to any Tarcker willing to pick it up.

Too bad it’s in colorado, ‘cuz “disco allez” went through my mind when I saw the picture.

With the weather it looks like it’s going to be another hike-a-bike over the pass.
I’m skipping it, but this is a great loop if it’s sunny.

I’m out due to a wedding that I have to go to but my buddy Eric is bringing a small crew up from Salida!

Anyone want these? Free.

Winter Ralleye #4 North County Roller

~60 miles of dirt roads north of FoCo. Bring cinnamon rolls.

Meet 7:00 am at Bean Cycle Roasters, roll at 7:30

Finish at Brave New Wheel for continued Festivities.

Weather looks good!

Sunday 25th March

Winter Ralleye #5 Weld County Waltz

~80 miles of dirt roads NE of Fort Collins

Burger and beverage stop at the Dog House in Pierce

Meet 7:00 am at Bean Cycle Roasters, roll at 7:30

Finish at Road 34 for more burgers and beverages

I’ll be there on the tandumb but will be starting in Windsor and intersecting the ride (and probably doing a shorter version).

Two gribblegrobblers at neat locations in our neighbor to the northeast:

June 22 - Robidoux Quick and Dirty - Scottsbluff NE

~75 miles in historic and scenic bluff country. Not flat. Friendly vibes, easy camping right next door to the event location, bike concours with raffle the night before. I’m partially to blame for the genesis of this event, so you can trust me on this one.

Can’t get out that weekend? Then there’s this the next one:

June 29 - Panhandle Pedal Grinder - Chadron NE

~100 miles in the Pine Ridge. Crazy scenery - badlands, pine forests, sandhill bluffs, fields of grain. Super nice lodging at Chadron State Park. I’ve ridden most of the course and it does not disappoint.

But Mar. 25 is a Monday?

U rite, it’s the 24th. This Sunday.

I guess there’s a Denver Winter Ralleye now too, and they’re going eastwards on Sunday too:

Yeah, I wanted to ask you about that. I was talking about how they had jacked the idea, down to the spelling of the name and everything, and my buddy was like “I’m pretty sure it’s the same people…”

How does Colin feel about it?

I won’t be making it up, our wedding party is Saturday.

I don’t know anything about it being an official offshoot - that’s the first I’ve heard of the series down there. I assume it’s an homage and the name and style have become defining attributes of this style of ride.

Mazel Tov!

Also just announced:

FoCo 102:Rumble in the Grundle

May 25th

Meet at Road 34 at 5am, 5:30am start.

5 loops, 102 miles, 14.5k’ climbing

This was in a Little Free Library, anyone want it (free)?

1 Like

I’d take it but I don’t actually do a ton of off roading. I guess it’s good for finding bike routes though?

Do you know how the roads off podure canyon are looking lately? I was thinking about maybe heading up that way this weekend to do some camping, but I don’t wanna drive all the way up there if it’s going to be a snowpocalypse with closed gates…

JFC, could this bbs software be more patronizing?

Yeah, it has a lot a jeep roads that could be good for bikepacking. Or maybe for avoiding jeeps? I’ll send it to you.

The Winter Ralleye Finalleye campout was up near Red Feather lakes and the insta pics I saw looked good. I’m not sure how high they went, and how much of the last snow storm stuck around.

I’m actually gonna be up in Greeley around the 18th-21st so I might be able to just come get it.

xpost

Sup and I were thinking of heading to Denver/Boulder and surrounding areas Aug 7-14 or so. No full plans, just some people and places to ride. Would like to send our mtbs out ahead of us.

Maybe a bike park or two, then some other riding. Been 4 years since in CO (grand junction), but we are better at bieks and have nicer ones for moar fun. If anyone has room for time to share, let us know. Ideally we’d save on lodging and maybe rent a mini van to transport bikes and people.

I may or may not be in a new house (DenveR) with a guest room at that time, but I really won’t know until later on in the year. Other than that I’ve got nothing on the calendar that whole month.

1 Like