competitive cyclist bike fit program

anyone ever use this to order a bike? (custom or stock)

A friend and I used it last night for his SS CX bike. They (CC) seem like they know their shit, they sell super high end stuff.

also body measurements yo, hella weird. I’m an inch taller than my friend ben, but his legs are way longer, like an inch and a half. aso he broke his right femur as a kid but its 2 CM longer than the left. trippy shit mang.

anyways were curious as to what fit you would go with for a CX bike. were thinking the eddy fit coz more upright for CX.

that puts me on a 60x53 when i ride a 56 square maybe 57x56. i would look at cues like trunk angle, squared shoulders, wrists lined up and leg extension on the current bike to check if the fit is right. i don’t know anything about cross fits, but my understanding is that those are pretty aggressive fits on the calculator and someone that’s not really competitive would just be better off fitting the bike comfortably.

i wonder if they size frames in a way that allows you to run pro looking stems?

was bored, so i calculated mine. didn’t tell me anything surprising. said I need a 56 ST, 55 TT, and a 110mm stem, which is pretty much what my redline is, except compact geo.

so PRO, it calc’s you stem size based on peen length.

the competitave fit gave him a 62 st x 56 tt. we were all joey like whoa.

but the dude is fit and flexible as hell. the only thing holding him back from being really fast is a combo of bad luck and bad bike fits.

Damnnn soonnn! I feel a bit stretched on the bike! I need to do this once I git home tonight!

Hopefully it’s just the degree drop on the stem that’s bothering me and not the entire handlebar x bar reach x stem length collab

It’s a piece of software that does a good job of ballpark estimating bike fit.

I tried to use it when looking for my Pista. basically, I was in one range of seat tubes, and another range of top-tubes. So using a diff stem or a little more or less than “standard” seat post showing, I fit anything from a 49 to a 54. Then again, I’m totally amateur to bike setup, so maybe I was missing what it was pointing at for setup vs bike size.

I found it to be VERY inaccurate for me (as in 2-3cm off what two custom frame builders and my own fit experience tells me)

The CC fit calc. basically told me to ride a bit bigger ST than TT… no one makes bikes like that.

My best fitting bikes have all been more or less equal ST to TT.

ciocc has frames like that. 58x56 at least, which is what i need for a perfect fistful.

suggested that i go a couple cm smaller than probably necessary. if you are gonna drop the coin, get it built locally and they’ll do a fit at the same time.

For me, ultimately, strange proportions is strange proportions. Long torso and short legs makes for an oddly long frame…I don’t think I’ve ever seen a non-custom frame spec out to what CC told me.

I dig the way my road bike fits, could use a cm or so more setback on the saddle, as I feel I’m putting too much pressure on my hands ad it’s causing some shoulder discomfort. I would still like to see what cc has in store for me.

I took the time and spent the money on the Specialized BG Fit program last year. Wasn’t cheap, but it was WAY worth it.

Some of the techniques they used made so much sense. Took a lot of time checking out flexibility. More than just being able to touch your toes. Determined my range of motion to eliminate dead zones in my spin. How high I can lift my knees, riding style, etc.

Made a huge difference. Never felt more comfortable on the bike. I had a friend come with me and take pictures of the procedure. Some lulz worthy pics right over here if you’re looking for a good laugh while checking out some of the steps:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/psychenaut/sets/72157621961618079/

i had the same sort of fitting. i feel like he just measured my tolerances to put me in the most aggressive fit he could. fit the reach to square shoulders, positioned bars to straighten wrist taking core strength into consideration, checked arches, shimmed toes, kops and positioned cleats. most of things someone could figure out on there own, i mainly went because of a leg length discrepancy which did help out a lot.

my sister’s bike is a 53(she needs a 56), i could set that bike up with an acceptable fit for me. I could also easily get my dad’s 56 to fit me. seems like i have a short torso cos 60cm frame with 110cm stem and compact bars. a lot of 60+cm bikes i’ve seen have at least 120mm stem.

[quote=ryanoceros]I took the time and spent the money on the Specialized BG Fit program last year. Wasn’t cheap, but it was WAY worth it.

Some of the techniques they used made so much sense. Took a lot of time checking out flexibility. More than just being able to touch your toes. Determined my range of motion to eliminate dead zones in my spin. How high I can lift my knees, riding style, etc.

Made a huge difference. Never felt more comfortable on the bike. I had a friend come with me and take pictures of the procedure. Some lulz worthy pics right over here if you’re looking for a good laugh while checking out some of the steps:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/psychenaut/sets/72157621961618079/[/quote]this sounds awesome. I would love to get a fit like this.

I’ve used it. Found it pretty ok

tells me i need 51.5 ST, 53.5 TT. basically what i ride, or try to ride.

i suppose i should pay more attention to setback and HT stuff, but oh well