Contador ha!

link?

[quote=zombie]this sport is fucking ridiculous. how hard would it be properly test everybody? not that hard.

what they need to do is say “fuck it” and test every racer, every day, in every ProTour event for a year or two.[/quote]
Would cost a TON.

[quote=turpencat][quote=zombie]this sport is fucking ridiculous. how hard would it be properly test everybody? not that hard.

what they need to do is say “fuck it” and test every racer, every day, in every ProTour event for a year or two.[/quote]
Would cost a TON.[/quote]

Sure, but I don’t see how else they could possibly convince me the races are “clean”, they have to do something really dramatic.

Let 'em use all the cash from the new frame certification bullshit. Make each team pay for its own riders. Make the riders pay for themselves. Make AC pay for it.

I’d be more convinced if they stuck with their rules and regulations without fail. All this wiggling back and forth basically says to me that they really don’t want to ban anybody, they just gotta.

If you get caught, you serve the time. Get threatening. Make the punishments more harsh so that the loss exceeds the gains. If these guys are still doping even with the potential of a 2 year ban, make it 4. Make it 6. Ban 'em for life.

Garmin and HTC are paying an outside firm to do supplemental testing. In the case of HTC, that supplemental testing is paid for with a portion of the rider’s salary.

lulz. the problem is the sentimental fantasy that there are any riders who are 100% clean.
stricter penalties would just lead to more desperate measures.

I think largely it is as clean as a pro sport gets. Cycling has some of the most brutal anti doping rules of any sport.

[quote=white folks]lulz. the problem is the sentimental fantasy that there are any riders who are 100% clean.
stricter penalties would just lead to more desperate measures.[/quote]

This. Hell, it happens all the time, and that’s what fucks up the reputation of the sport. It’s not the doping. It’s the ridiculous lies about it. It was some beef you ate or some whiskey or your vanishing twin? Give me a fucking break. Just make it in peoples’ best interest to tell the truth and let the free market decide if they still have a career when they do.

[quote=tarckeemoon][quote=white folks]lulz. the problem is the sentimental fantasy that there are any riders who are 100% clean.

This. Hell, it happens all the time, and that’s what fucks up the reputation of the sport. It’s not the doping. It’s the ridiculous lies about it. It was some beef you ate or some whiskey or your vanishing twin? Give me a fucking break. Just make it in peoples’ best interest to tell the truth and let the free market decide if they still have a career when they do.[/quote]

This and this. Does anybody really believe that the Schlecks, Fabian etc. aren’t doping to some extent.

Don’t ruin my dreams.

Seriously.

[quote=white folks]lulz. the problem is the sentimental fantasy that there are any riders who are 100% clean.

that’s right…

[QUOTE=ME Grimpeur;265983]IIRC this is already part of the “internet” record:
Justin Spinelli On Doping - Road Bike, Cycling Forums

footnote - this was a reply to e-ritchie calling out Flux on page one of this thread…I hadn’t read the rest of it yet…[/QUOTE]

only americans demand that their sports heros are drug-free (for the most part). being a caffeine addict and doper myself (lol) i can’t really blame anyone.

the only thing that pisses me off is the politics and unfair treatment across the board.

actually it also pisses me off that a clean athlete might not have a chance.

this is why cyclocross is so awesome. dope doesn’t help you keep it upright through mud/sand.

disregard everything i say…

I think it’s good hat we’re not running some sort of roidsolympics but what the fuck ever it’s just drugs mkay?

[quote=cookietruck][quote=white folks]lulz. the problem is the sentimental fantasy that there are any riders who are 100% clean.

that’s right…

[QUOTE=ME Grimpeur;265983]IIRC this is already part of the “internet” record:
Justin Spinelli On Doping - Road Bike, Cycling Forums

footnote - this was a reply to e-ritchie calling out Flux on page one of this thread…I hadn’t read the rest of it yet…[/QUOTE][/quote]

Seems to make sense. Have heard the same thing. On the national scale here, doping is pretty rare - but in europe it’s pretty rampant.

Not that we’re better, just seems like there’s really no benefit to doping to win some regional race. Whereas to win in a grand tour, you don’t stand a chance going in without performance enhancement.

Could be wrong - and maybe it has changed- but def seems like there’s a shit ton of pros doping. And probably a lot of pressure. They don’t just write you a check and say “well give your best effort”. Gotta do your job and either win or support someone else on the team.

a local guy(iowa anyway) got busted twice http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/09/news/duane-dickey-gets-lifetime-ban_139738

I guess i still have the fantasy that pro riders are clean, but after actually reading some things, it’s becoming less so.

minnesota actually, and here is a bit more of the story:

http://www.chicagobikeracing.com/index.php/site/post/dewey-dickey-usada

oh good point. i guess i got mistaken cos iowa team.

Lot of the Amgen masters team got busted for doping, ironically.

[quote=tjayk]the only thing that pisses me off is the politics and unfair treatment across the board.

actually it also pisses me off that a clean athlete might not have a chance.[/quote]

Both of these points are relevant. Also it’s hard to cheer for someone while you’re wondering when you’re gonna get let down.