Cracked frame, yippy skippy!

Yeah, I wouldnt stiff them for helping me out. The one shop in town that deals with Bianchi isn’t one I frequent often but I do know a guy that works there. He also happens to be one of the people that I would be asking to help me weld it so my next step seems pretty clear.

if the bianchi warranty avenue fails, find some dude at an auto shop or someone who has a welder and get them to lay an ugly bead down on that

10 minutes and like $10-20

[quote=biekridder]if the bianchi warranty avenue fails, find some dude at an auto shop or someone who has a welder and get them to lay an ugly bead down on that

10 minutes and like $10-20[/quote]

Best advice ever.

thank you!

thank you![/quote]

By that, I really meant that it wasn’t very good advice. It’s probably be a good idea just to have someone TIG weld it rather than any old body shop. I assume it was TIG welded rather than brazed. I’d do it for free if the frame were in the SF bay area.

if its all cleaned up and ready to go a good welder shouldnt charge you very much at all, even if you dont know them
make sure he knows its 0.8mm thick tubing (or whatever)

i dont really know what biek was trying to convince me of. I know actual frame builders who I would trust much more than some dude in a body shop and wont even charge me the 10 bucks. I was just making sure this was a decent idea.

Decent? Yes. It could be repaired, but there’s really no way to tell beforehand whether it will fail again. The chances are high that it might.

halbritt knows his shit.

This is a preposterous assertion.