Crazy Fender Setup Help.

okay, so: i’m riding a madison, and while i like coverage, i do not like full fenders and track ends.

here’s what i’m thinking–i saw a dude downtown with this setup: i have a fin in the back. also in the back i have a normal fender that i’m going to cut. i will connect that to the little bridge near the bottom bracket, and i will run it to where it connects to the brake bridge. the problem is that i broke the plastic piece that connects the fender to the brake bridge. any ideas how to jury rig it?

doesn’t seem worth it if i have to spend much money on it.

zip tie?

i should’ve been clearer with the problem: the hook that connects the ‘connector’ to to the fender snapped, so now it can’t grip and hold the fender in place. make sense?

i’m wondering if i should just put holes in the fender and zip tie it directly to the bridge.

[quote=conor]
i’m wondering if i should just put holes in the fender and zip tie it directly to the bridge.[/quote]

That’s what I was getting at.

gotcha. thanks. i think i might try that.

Depending on your tire clearance you may even be able to get away with a single hole and conceal the business end of the zip tie on the underside.

if your problem is pulling your wheel out with track ends and full fenders, buy sks fenders and an extra set of the breakaway clips they put in the front. put those bad boys in the back so you can just pull the rear fender stays out and have clearance to pull your wheel out as well.

the drill plus zip tie works aok.