Crazy fixed-gear tricks.

I was just watching Quicksilver again, and want to try my hand at learning some of those awesome tricks from the sesh behind the office.
What set-up would be best as far as type of bars, gear ratio, rims, spoke count, etc.?
My main concern is hurting the bike while learning these tricks.

ya know, i have yet to see Quicksilver. there’s plenty of other stuff i’d rather get at the video store, and i can’t find any torrents.

See it.
It’s cheesy, but it’s got some cool trick sequences in it as well as some sweet traffic riding scenes.

I think all of those fixed gear tricks were done on an artistic cycling bike. They have 1x1 ratio’s.

So cog and chainring are the same size?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uIwMGkqa6Sw&feature=related

yea, they’re artistic cycles. 1x1 ratio, bum bars, those wide ass seats that you stand on. that’s what you’re gonna want, but will be stupid for anything else.

Yeah.
But I’ve got enough extra cash lying around to make one of those out an old ten speed.

Is this it? Is this the beginning of artistic cycling’s rise to the mainstream? Will the fixed gear freestylers abandon their BMW’s and 650c Spinergys? Will old ten speed frames no longer be reupholstered with spoks, veeps, and risers, but instead be plundered to create bum-bared, fat-saddled circus bikes?

We’re through the looking glass here, people.

[quote=“FarAwayBoy”]See it.
It’s cheesy, but it’s got some cool trick sequences in it as well as some sweet traffic riding scenes.[/quote]

i think what jim is trying to say is: upload the movie and then post the torrent link here

[quote=“johnnyraja”]Is this it? Is this the beginning of artistic cycling’s rise to the mainstream? Will the fixed gear freestylers abandon their BMW’s and 650c Spinergys? Will old ten speed frames no longer be reupholstered with spoks, veeps, and risers, but instead be plundered to create bum-bared, fat-saddled circus bikes?

We’re through the looking glass here, people.[/quote]
Goddamn I hope so!

Hahaha. I’ve had Quicksilver since before I knew what tarck was. That movie is cheezed-out. I do like a few of the stunts though.

If no one gets to this before I can, I have an avi of it on my harddrive. I need to replace my power supply in the home machine though.

[quote=“tx_what_it_do”]http://youtube.com/watch?v=uIwMGkqa6Sw&feature=related

yea, they’re artistic cycles. 1x1 ratio, bum bars, those wide ass seats that you stand on. that’s what you’re gonna want, but will be stupid for anything else.[/quote]

louie anderson at 27 seconds :colbert:

If no one gets to this before I can, I have an avi of it on my harddrive. I need to replace my power supply in the home machine though.[/quote]

do it. megaupload or something. post link here. we all win.

[quote=“FarAwayBoy”]I was just watching Quicksilver again, and want to try my hand at learning some of those awesome tricks from the sesh behind the office.
What set-up would be best as far as type of bars, gear ratio, rims, spoke count, etc.?
My main concern is hurting the bike while learning these tricks.[/quote]

If you’re worried about hurting the bike, then either:
A) You don’t have enough money to continuously buy new expensive, color matching bikes whenever you break one
or
B)You care too much about bikes to do this to them.

[quote=“TimArchy”][quote=“FarAwayBoy”]I was just watching Quicksilver again, and want to try my hand at learning some of those awesome tricks from the sesh behind the office.
My main concern is hurting the bike while learning these tricks.[/quote]

If you’re worried about hurting the bike, then either:
A) You don’t have enough money to continuously buy new expensive, color matching bikes whenever you break one
or
B)You care too much about bikes to do this to them.[/quote]

It’s really neither one.
A bike is a bike, it’s a machine.
And money isn’t an issue so long as I don’t break the frame er something else major.
I just don’t want to constantly have to buy new parts.
I could, but don’t want to.