CRIT Roll Call!!!!

[quote=“DDYTDY”]Storyland Crit pic

Imagine that corner fixed?[/quote]

One month bump.

I’m makin that^^^my wallpaper!

Also, I’m going to watch this race tomorrow:

It’s gonna be badass!

That picture is just on a whole other level of awesome. Any idea who it is?

Thought this thread was gone for good…

Anyway back on topic.
I raced Ontario last weekend. 30+ 4/5 field. It was a 7 turn course with 6 lefts and 1 right. I raced there once before in the 4/5 and the 30+ field seamed a little better in terms of bike handling on the whole. Good race! I ended up on the front once, then settled in the back to await my shot at the sprint… The 35 minutes at 24.9mph took its toll and I didnt have much left on the last leg. Finished in the middle. It was my 9th race, so 1 more to move up to 4’s so I was happy to race in a 4/5 field of mostly 4’s and do respectable. One more crit this year, also a 4/5…

[quote=“Rusty Piton”]Also, I’m going to watch this race tomorrow:

It’s gonna be badass![/quote]
You need to keep an eye out for Team Pegasus. We’ll be killin’ shit.

i raced my first crit on thursday night, after a fast twenty mile ride to get there on time. a combined 4/5 field of about 30 riders, on a 1 mile course, 45 minutes plus two laps. the course was full of rough pavement. on a few back stretches - among a shallow right and then left turn - there was a very narrow line through the rugged, pockmarked pavement. it offered a great spot for attacking or slowing down the field.

i tried a few fliers - at the end, my buddy said that i was doing too much work. but it was fun seeing how the field would and wouldn’t respond. also fun picking new lines through turns, adapting for the pack when it was bunched, strung out, or when i was alone.

i pedal struck with just a lap to go, and almost went down hard - but rode out of it. phew.

at the end, 3 guys were off the front and nobody wanted to reel them in, instead saving up for a bunch sprint. i stayed at about fourth wheel as the pace started accelerating, caught some good wheels, and jumped hard with about 150 to go to take 3rd in the field sprint and 6th overall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-teN9UWFMg&feature=user

Love/hate

Love to race them… hate that after 8 years of racing them I finally got a broken collarbone. I don’t suggest getting one yourself. The street cred is not worth it.

Braden