Cycling Glasses for Wide-Headed Fucks

I need some cycling shades to fit my sorta large face. I tried some Giro Havik 2s and they were so tight I almost done exploded. I really dislike any pressure on my temples, so a design that minimizes that would be good. So, what’s out there?

i have a large dome and i use oakley radar-xl blades and they don’t even touch my temples. the legs are shaped to go ov helmet straps.

i have these ones

I can dig it. If you told me when I was a kid that I’d wear Oakley Blades one day I probably would have punched you in the dick.

right back at ya.

:bear:

how large of dome are we talking about?

i mean, i’m a fucking 8 in new era hats (sometimes 7-7/8)

oversize dome crew checkin’ in

remember when you caught me sneaking a try-on of your catlike in front of stumptown?

[quote=Toast]how large of dome are we talking about?

i mean, i’m a fucking 8 in new era hats (sometimes 7-7/8)[/quote]

About 7.75", I guess.

lol yeah

i’ve come to like my lazer a lot. seems like lazers are a good choice for big heads.

bump.

Tarck get me into prescription cycling eyewear.

In addition to aforementioned wide skull I’m fairly blind -6 diopter.
I see some sunglasses that can take rx inserts, seems like that would be heavy and extra bullshit in any fog/rain yeah?
Photochromic lenses y/n?

Are you one of the Seattle dudes?

Eyes on Fremont sells Rudy Project for a not horrible price. They don’t take insurance, but they can help you with yer reimbursement paperwork.

I’m blind as shit and run some cheap/shitty Nike frames that I got for a song from West Seattle Optics.

I have some photochromic Oakley jawbone 2 glasses. The photochrome is nice because I can wear them at night and see. It’s not nice when driving a car because they don’t get very dark as the car glass blocks UV light. They get a little dark on cloudy days, but not too bad. Much better than inserts.
I’m more a -4 but I have pretty severe astigmatism on my left eye, so that lens is thick. They work well, but the lens is almost too thick. You do have to be careful you get your glasses from some place which will make the lens appropriate for the frames you want: you can’t just grab your LensCrappers coupon and expect to get something awesome a week later.
Also: I have a big head.
This is where I got my glasses: http://hillsdaleeye.com/ (In PDX)

[quote=roy]Are you one of the Seattle dudes?

Eyes on Fremont sells Rudy Project for a not horrible price. They don’t take insurance, but they can help you with yer reimbursement paperwork.[/quote]

Good to know.