Cyclocross 2011/12

I’m totally quitting tubulars after this past season. Just not worth the hassle. If anyone wants some used Vittoria tubies, let me know.

I think I’m going to weld myself an aluminum CX bike for this season, as my first bike build. I too am tired of single speed CX - my Rob Roy will be up on eBay this weekend.

if i do get a cross bike i think im gonna get a jake the snake or something similar

BC, what size is your Rob Roy?

redline, cannondale, salsa

Picked this up a few weeks ago. Cant wait to take it off road.

Whats a decent clincher for a CX noob?

FMB Fangos stretching

Though they won’t be glued to these NOS Nisi Sludi 290 rims

So fucking psyched

Even with the cross tread they are easily the most supple tires I have ever felt. They are truly impressive.

i really want to have a singlespeed and a geared bike and do two races. i’m thinking of using my old motobecane touring bike that clears 35s w/ centerpulls.
especially if the singlespeed race is after the geared race

52cm. PM me if you’re interested.

You’re tempting me to build a set of tubulars.

I have the most over the top cross bike, considering I’ve never raced. Blue CXC frame, Force groupo, FMB Fango tubulars. I’m unsure if I am going to go with Mavic Reflex rims or if I should search out a set of 38mm deep carbon tubies, we shall see.

Oh man, I want mine NOW!

The bikesdirect dude just said that he’ll be offering a cross bike with Rival soon. That should be nice; there aren’t many (any?) inexpensive bikes with SRAM components on the market right now.

I just got an old Major Jake from doofo, and am loving it. A cross bike is perfect here i the foothills. I’m having a blast.

I hope to race this season, but have never done it before and have no idea what I’m doing. If any of you bay area-ers are in for some practice rides, lemme know.

[quote=vegwerm]I just got an old Major Jake from doofo, and am loving it. A cross bike is perfect here i the foothills. I’m having a blast.

I hope to race this season, but have never done it before and have no idea what I’m doing. If any of you bay area-ers are in for some practice rides, lemme know.[/quote]

[quote=kowloon]went to the LBS and chatted with the local CX guru (Jon Suzuki, he conducts a lot of clinics here in the East Bay). … Anyway, clinics start up again in August …

[/quote]

and yes, once i’m cross-equipped, we can def hit up some mud.

As evidenced by yesterday’s adventure. Why bother waiting for the right bike?

As evidenced by yesterday’s adventure. Why bother waiting for the right bike?[/quote]
cuz hitting trailz on 23s SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

you guys know anything about Mandaric??

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/1136436528.html

As evidenced by yesterday’s adventure. Why bother waiting for the right bike?[/quote]
cuz hitting trailz on 23s SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS[/quote]

It’s not my fault you dudes were drinking the kool-aid and somehow feel that 23s are faster. For cruising, commuting, path racing, and any kind of serious distance, I’d recommend 28s. They’re worlds more comfortable and quite a bit faster for me. The good ones don’t weigh much more. They only really started making much difference when I spent more time riding >20mph.

I propose a test: a set of descents down Joaquin Miller. I guarantee you’re faster on the larger tires.