D2R2 2014

you should. its awesome!

Reg is up
https://www.bikereg.com/Net/17739

i dont even know if im available that weekend at this point but i wanna reg. It didnt sell out last year did it? Pretty sure i regged like a week before.

yeah we regg’ed near the end. It got a lot of press this year so i donno if it will be different.

most likely lovely bicycle short routes will sell fast

I’m pretty sure this will line up nicely for me to plan a vacation around

Would be able to visit my little brother at school afterwards, and ride all over tarnation with Fergie

fukka lurvely short route

Me. Now that I have a car there’s nothing stopping me. 180.

And Fred if you want to stop here for a few days you’re welcome.

I was planning an east coast trip again and told Pookie about this and she got mad and called me selfish for wanting to take the family on vacation and do a bike ride one day.

What the…?

Anyway, maybe I’m in.

Oh and PS, if anyone is coming out here for D2R2 flying into Newark and driving up, I can lend: 1) A 59-cm 700C Toei; 2) A large Lynskey Procross; 3) a 51-cm 650B Boulder. Of course you’d have to drop them off too.

word is bond.

im thinking if not 115 then MORE. with big cassettes and stuff. Plenty of time to think it over(if it sells out i will just come up and ride anyway, DGAF. pack my own lunch!

i don’t remember the hurt too well anymore so we might as well just 180

it was all just smiles and descents and eating, right?

descents iz Awesome! I seem to remember a bit of climbing?

Really want to do this but that’s a long drive from DC. Anyone interested in car poolin?

who has da van

i got a pick up truck that can fit 5 wif bikes in the bed…

Just signed up.

I was just about to sign up for the 180k and then I looked at the registration numbers…WTF? Nearly 900 people signed up and >350 for the 180k ride?

I really hate to say it but that sounds kind of miserable to me. I wish the people running D2R2 the best of luck but it looks like a victim of its own popularity.

Maybe I’ll spend some time arranging something similar out here but with a 200 or 300 reg limit.

You’re looking at last years numbers? Only 63 so far this year…

Don’t let the big numbers turn you off. This is well run, great peeps, we go out in smallish waves… great time is had by all…

Oh, maybe I was…I was thinking that if they already had 800 riders it would be ~3000 by the time of the actual event.

I am surprised that the biggest group went for the 180.

Been wanting to do this for a few years now.

Will have to check my work schedule. If I am still on break, I’m definitely in. Will be driving from Ohio if I end up going.