Dammit: Post your bike

I had some and loved em, they worked great with rapid rise XT danglers.

1 Like

How did you use them?

They had a (removable) thumb downshift button. Solved the problem you’re dealing with.

The way God and Shimano intended, the lever is the shifter

1 Like

Lever location is real important, both rotation and reach adjust. I sold them when they were new and some bikes came stock with them, and the necessity of good adjustment on top of everything else weird with rapid-rise dangler meant a customer test ride hardly ever got the optimal experience.

ATMO you should be able to hit the underside of the lever with the back of one or two fingers and not need to move your wrist hardly at all.

They look like maybe XT? It’s possible I have a set of the detachable thumb levers @Dickason_Daniel mentioned.

1 Like

yeah i have a weird soft spot for them, although IMHO all the cable-brake ones are kind of trash. The 2nd gen M775/M975 were the only really good ones.

but you’re still taking your fingers off the brake lever to do so, less than ideal

solves the problem but only makes you question even harder “why aren’t i using regular trigger shifters”

1 Like

on 45° swept bars with the hydro version of them rotated down till the master cylinder hits the bend of the handlebar, I mostly push the brake lever up with my thumb

I bought the NOS kit to delete the thumb lever but couldn’t figure out how it goes on

Silly little bike got a bit more fun

20 Likes

Did a frame swap from my 77 Super le Tour to my 76 Grand Jubile.

Spent probably 3 hours trying to get the front brake, fender, and rack to play nicely with one another but it was so worth it to have actually good brakes instead of old flexy single pivots. I’ll get silver brakes eventually, I’m just looking forward to riding this frame again.

34 Likes

Rad.

What stem is that

That’s the VO fillet brazed one.

Good lord I love this bike. Good job @EndpointBraden

33 Likes

30 Likes

Bigger half frame bags is the number one reason I wish I rode a bigger size bike. Bikes look good.

4 Likes

Rode by a favorite wall today and stopped because that’s my rule. Longest ride so far on this thing at 20 miles and it’s just great.

23 Likes

New bike day. Can’t ride it till it’s at least tubeless. Planning a complete rebuild. Might keep the headset and stem.

32 Likes

Hell yeah!

2 Likes

New pokes on the Kid Kommuter. Next step will be the Seido rack.

12 Likes

I love the afternoon light in my apartment

23 Likes